We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming to Panama, should I book hotels, or be spontaneous???

Which Panama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Devonshire Parish...
coming to Panama, should I book hotels, or be spontaneous???

Interested to know, is panama busy in and around May 18. Do you think I should have a hotel room booked before arrival, or should I get one the first night and then see what happens from there. Where are the nicest beaches in Panama??

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
reviews: 72
1. Re: coming to Panama, should I book hotels, or be spontaneous???

Should not be too busy, Panama City has a glut of hotel rooms, the nicer resorts on the beaches stay pretty full all year. You need to travel outsude of PC at least an hour to get to a decent beach - Coronado for example.

If you are in Panama for a holiday weekend, there are lots of them, every one in the city heads out to the beach or small towns, best to have a reservation then.

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 42
2. Re: coming to Panama, should I book hotels, or be spontaneous???

I recommend to make reservations. Even Panama City has a lot of hotels, sometimes is hard to find rooms at the best ones.

The best beaches are in the Caribbean Coast, Bocas del Toro could be a great place to visit but you have to fly there. Anyway you could go by car to beaches in the Pacific side in less than 60-90 minutes from Panama City. The best area in the Pacific for me is Buenaventura.

Hope this help

New York City, New...
3. Re: coming to Panama, should I book hotels, or be spontaneous???

It actually depends on what you want to do and the type of trip you want to have. In terms of hotels, I would say that normally 2 or 3 star hotels are not entirely booked. But this is most of the time; consider though that it depends on the date and whether or not there is some event going on. It is something that varies within cities. The best beaches I have visited in central America are located in Panama. My favorite was Isla Coiba. This is actually a national park. There you have the beach and the jungle. This landscape looks very similar to South Asia and the movie The Beach. Hotels are more like lodges and mostly eco friendly.I really liked it there. If you prefer swing in a hammock and get tanned go to Comarca Kuna Yala. Turquoise water is unforgettable and you can also get to go to the indigenous community town.

4. Re: coming to Panama, should I book hotels, or be spontaneous???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 07, 2014