We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest Resort on Pa. Caribbean?

Which Panama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ventura, California
reviews: 59
Nicest Resort on Pa. Caribbean?

What is the nicest resort on the Caribbean side of Panama?

Whitesboro, New York
reviews: 22
1. Re: Nicest Resort on Pa. Caribbean?

I think your question is a little too broad. The Caribbean Coast of Panama starts all the way in the west at Bocas del Toro and ends in the San Blas Archipelago with tons of places in between. On this forum you'll read great things and less than great things about all of them so it depends on what you want to do. Bocas is known for its lively areas of town and fantastic places to stay outside of Bocas town. Near Colon you've got quite a few choices near Isla Grande and Portobelo. San Blas opens a whole nother area to explore with a focus on rustic. I've heard great things about Coral Lodge but can't say that I've ever stayed there. Do some research and you'll discover something for all your tastes.

Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 14
2. Re: Nicest Resort on Pa. Caribbean?

And I would add that if by "resort" you mean all-inclusive large resorts ( a la Club Med), then look elsewhere. Most of the hotels are small operations, many are very nice, but you will have a hard time finding pre-packaged disney style vacations in Panama. I hope it stays that way, but it wont for long (unfortunately). So if you want an authentic experience go before it's completely spoiled.

3. Re: Nicest Resort on Pa. Caribbean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 03, 2009