We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

Which Managua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 51
New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

Hi all, we have an early flight out of Managua on Jan 1. Any ideas on a place to stay not to far from the Airport but not at the Airport. Lat time we stayed at the Hotel Camino Real which was OK but I'd rather stay something a bit less chain hotel feeling. A big plus would e a place with a pool and a decent restaurant.

Managua, Nicaragua
reviews: 13
1. Re: New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

Greetings Alli:

I posted a blog on hotel options, especially for those looking for something NOT across the street from the airport.

Feel free to read and comment on it here:

elportonverde.com/2012/…

Cheers,

Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde

Miami, Florida
reviews: 254
2. Re: New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

There's lots of positive reviews on La Piramide, where I stayed. It's in a great neighborhood, you can leave your car here if you have one and go around by taxi. It's close to the waterfront, Cathedral, market and about 20 minutes from Airport. There's some good restaurants nearby.

Edited: 2:36 pm, December 04, 2012
Granada
3. Re: New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

Maybe, you can try Hotel Los Robles http://hotellosrobles.com/, located in a very good and safe area of Managua where you can have different choices of restaurants. It is only 20 minutes from the Airport.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
4. Re: New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

Thanks all I went ahead and booked Hotel Boutique Villa Maya. I had not seen the recommendations here when I did that. We are only there one night New Years.

If there is anyplace you think we might enjoy for a New Years eve meal please chime in! Someplace not fancy as we will not have fancy clothes with us.

5. Re: New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, December 19, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
6. Re: New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

We did stay at Hotel Boutique Villa Maya, charming place with lovely pool and gardens. We were only there for an overnight, arriving in the afternoon.

I liked it much better than the Hotel Camino Real but certainly a bit further from the airport about 15 min in no traffic. More of a B&B feel, no bar. I am not sure if this is against the rules but if I was returning and planning on relaxing by the pool, I'd bring my own adult beverages. They kindly offered me with great pride a bottle of Andre' Sparking Wine. If sparkling wine came in a box Andre' would be one.

We left before breakfast.

7. Re: New Years Eve Managua, Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 18, 2014