We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matagalpa to Leon Bus

Which Managua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapala, Mexico
reviews: 35
Matagalpa to Leon Bus

I read there is a direct bus from Matagalpa to Leon twice a day (6am and 3pm) and the bus leaves from Cotran Sur (west of Parque Dario). Does anyone know if this is correct?

California
reviews: 4
1. Re: Matagalpa to Leon Bus

I am here in matagalpa also and apparently there are many express buses direct to Leon throughout the day but only Cotran Sur has the scheduled buses to leon and yes they are at 6am and 3pm from the Cotran Sur terminal and take about 2hrs 40mins. This was what the worker tells me at the hostel I'm at.

California
reviews: 4
2. Re: Matagalpa to Leon Bus

Just took the microbus to Leon. It leaves around 9:00am-9:9:15am from Cotran Sur. It takes 2 hours. other than that there seem to be only the 2 direct chicken buses that take a extra 45 minutes.

Managua, Nicaragua
reviews: 14
3. Re: Matagalpa to Leon Bus

Just a reminder there is a handy and as far as I can tell, fairly accurate Nicaraguan bus schedule website located here:

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/ni/index.php

Shows the same Cortran Sur routes and times.

Leon, Nicaragua
4. Re: Matagalpa to Leon Bus

El primero sale a las 6am, luego hay interlocales a las 7:30am hasta las 9am, luego hasta la tarde que salen buses a las 3 y 4pm.

5. Re: Matagalpa to Leon Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 10, 2014