We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Liberia CR to Nicaragua

Which Managua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange, CA
travel from Liberia CR to Nicaragua

How long will it take me to get from Samara CR Nicaragua? What is the best way to get there? Drive? Bus?

Thank you

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 99
1. Re: travel from Liberia CR to Nicaragua

You ask drive or bus? If you have a rental car, you may already know that you cannot take it across the border. If you have a car and intend to keep it, take it to Liberia and park it at the Hotel Guanacaste parking lot, buy your bus ticket to either Granada or Managua, whichever your destination. You can buy the TransNica at Hotel Guanacaste, at least somewhat recently. I don't know about Tica Bus. TransNica is not particularly good about stopping along the highway to pick you up even though you are holding a reserve seat ticket in your hand. Anyway, you can call about advance ticket etc and ask about Tica Bus as well at Hotel Guanacaste, 666-0085, owner (English) Luis Clachar cell 309-5024. Rather than a bus from Samara, which will be a couple of transfers I assume, might price a taxi. I don't think Sansa goes from Samara to Liberia direct, so that's not a good option. A full day, is my guess.

2. Re: travel from Liberia CR to Nicaragua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Managua