We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

Which Nicaragua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

Myself and my fiance are going on a pre-wedding honeymoon in November (timing works better to do it before our wedding instead of after...)

We already have flights booked to be there for two weeks, we like adventure (fishing, hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding... he surfs, I want to learn while there) as well as relaxing (yoga, reading, working on our tan, eating and drinking)

Rough plan is to start in Grenada for two nights, then to Jicaro for 3 or 4 nights, then to the pacific coast for a week or so...

Any advice on:

- what not to miss

- what to avoid

- best place to learn how to surf

- best fishing

- best restaurants

- best resorts

- general itinerary :)

Thanks!

Michelle

Managua, Nicaragua
reviews: 14
1. Re: Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

Greetings meesheemo:

Lots of questions here, I'll try to give you at least a couple of tips. If you're planning three or four nights at Jicaro Eco resort, that seems like a lot to me. You're basically spending a whole week in the Granada area; so if you want to be active and see the country, staying in that area for that amount of time is not going to get that accomplished. But of course it's your pre-honeymoon, so do whatever you like!

If you can afford Jicaro, you may want to consider staying at Mukul resort. This is the only five-star resort in Nicaragua, spa, all-inclusive, etc. very very nice. It is on the beach and has very good surfing.

You will probably get several opinions as to what the don't miss sites are. For me, the Masaya Volcano, Laguna de Apoyo, Ometepe Island, and the city of Leon are all wonderfully unique places.

Enjoy yourselves and have a wonderful life together.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 38
2. Re: Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

If you are spending that time in that beautiful resort as Jicaro i recommend to explore the area as the city of Granada, Masaya volcano and surrounds and the mombacho volcano, i recommend really early kayak on the isletas which is the place where the jicaro is located. Surfing Classes has to be 30 minutes away from San Juan del sur on Playa maderas just get there and ask at the 3 hermanos hostel for surfing lessons the area is good for beginners and also experience people. taking about yoga most of the hotels on the pacific offers that now about the best resort that has to be the mukul resort but many other good resort on the pacific area are Morgans rock aqua, etc. BTW you should give a try to Leon area.

Byron

http://byronortega.wix.com/tour-leader

San Diego...
3. Re: Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

I like the San Juan River. No surf but your future hubby would love the kayak ride to the Caribe.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

Hi Michelle, I went to Nicaragua with ITA (itaglobal.com) and had a great experience. They can show you packages or partial packages or even just give advice. If you are in San Juan del Sur, stop by the SurfNicaWaves store and Mario and Luis can teach surfing or rent paddle boards, tell you where the best local beaches are, etc. Have a great time!

Chichiriviche...
reviews: 27
5. Re: Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

I am completly agree with mike from farmstay if you are staying 3 nights at Jicaro i would not stay more days in granada... I aslo thiink Laguna de Apoyo and Leon and Ometepe are a must...

Cheers

Salta

6. Re: Best itinerary for a 30yo couple w 2wks in Nica this Nov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 14, 2014