We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Corn Island Questions

Which Nicaragua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 10
Big Corn Island Questions

We are planning to go to Big Corn Island and I have a few questions if anyone can help.

We are planning on Staying at the Casa Canada,

Do we have to bring convertors for electricity?

How close is the nearest sandy beach and can you walk to it?

Is there a grocery store nearby (walking distance)?

Can you rent golf cars on the island to get around and tour?

Can anyone one provide a detail map of the Island?

How many restaurants are within walking distance to the Hotel

How close is the shopping from the hotel?

Can you rent snorkels and lifejackets on the beaches?

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
1. Re: Big Corn Island Questions

Hello neighbor! I stayed there a few years back (loved it) and I'll try to answer your questions.

Outlets: Same as Canada.

Nearest beach: A short walk to the south. You go past a store where you can buy beer. There's nothing on the beach; it's deserted.

Golf carts: Never seen one. Shared taxis are a pittance, and you meet the locals this way. Many speak English.

Detailed map: I found a hand-drawn one on the internet. It's probably still there if you look.

Restaurants within walking distance: There may be one across the street, and of course Casa Canada has one too. Depends on you you define "walkable"; I've walked right across the island for a meal.

Shopping: Shopping? Other than corner-store stuff, I couldn't tell you.

Snorkel rental: Don't know. Maybe at the big beach on the southwest, but that's a guess.

It's a pretty small, laid-back place.

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 38
2. Re: Big Corn Island Questions

i went many years ago to this hotel http://www.paraisoclub.com/corn-island and they have a golf cart to travel around but remember to check it pretty well before renting and also this fellows on their web page has a map of the island.

Enjoy BCI.

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: Big Corn Island Questions

Thanks for the help, is it safe to walk around when walking back from a resturant

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 66
4. Re: Big Corn Island Questions

Seems to be. I got away with it.

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 38
5. Re: Big Corn Island Questions

i did it after many drinks and it was not a problem maybe because i look maybe a bit as a local, but i didn´t seem bad people around or anything all the bad news of our Caribbean side is more about some other south american brothers trying to smuggling drugs.

Enjoy Nicaragua.

Edmonton, Canada
6. Re: Big Corn Island Questions

Thanks for the update, can anyone tell me if you can purchase snorkles and masks and flippers on the island, so i can go snorkleing anytime I want without having to rent them.

7. Re: Big Corn Island Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 14, 2013