We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadtrip in june - your advice please

Which Nicaragua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utrecht
reviews: 16
Roadtrip in june - your advice please

My boyfriend and I are planning to go on a roadtrip to CR and Nicaragua this june.

I would like to have your opinions about our plans, so experts on both countries: please speek up!

This is what we're thinking of right now:

San Jose (late arrival, 2 nights)

Tortuguero (2 nights)

Sarapiqui (1 night)

Arenal/Fortuna (2 nights)

Monteverde (2 nights)

Rincon de la Vieja (2 nights)

(now we're going to cross borders and swap cars)

San Juan del Sur (3 nights)

Isla Ometepe (2 nights)

Granada (3 nights)

Managua (1 night)

Are we getting the most out of our time this way?

What accomodations can you recommend?

What activities are great in these places, we like short hikes and a bit of adventure but also nice dining and cultural events.

Thanks for your comments!

wales
reviews: 9
11. Re: Roadtrip in june - your advice please

There is nothing at all wrong with SJDS, it is a lovely town, perfect if you want to chill out on the beach with some nice food and more comfortable accommodation for a few days. Definately a good place to recharge the batteries!

Be sure to take a trip to some of the other beautiful beaches (Bahia Majagual is amazing!) that are close by though, if you are driving this shouldn't be too hard.

The reason I asked if you could swap one of your nights in SJDS for one on Ometepe isn't because SJDS isn't lovely, but just because Ometepe left more of a lasting impression on me as it is so unique.

Have fun!

12. Re: Roadtrip in june - your advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 16, 2009