We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go in nicaragua in limited time!

toronto
reviews: 18
where to go in nicaragua in limited time!

Hello

I was hoping for some itinerary help!!

We are goint to Nicaragua next month from Monday - Sunday. We have to be in Managua for work on Thursday and Friday. I cant decide btwn beach, Leon, and Granada for the others days - as I have heard there not not much to see in Managua.

We wanted to go to the beach, as I havent been to a beach in about 10 yrs, and was thinking of going to Pelican Eyes in SJDS which I have heard is great, but also heard VistaMar is a more nicaraguan experience.

Also - Leon vs Granada? The advantage of Leon (I think) is that it is nearer the airport, and our flight is noon on Sunday.

My thought - go to SJDS/VistaMar directly from airport on Monday (plane gets in at 3pm), return to Managua Wed evening. Leave Friday afternoon for Leon?Granada? and return straight to airport for noon flight on Sunday.

Any thoughts on beach place or Leon vs Granada would be much appreciated!! My fiance speaks spanish - so langauge isnt a problem.

Thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 23
1. Re: where to go in nicaragua in limited time!

Haven't been to Vista Mar, but am a big fan of SJDS and Granada. Before you book at Pelican Eyes check out Villas de Palermo where we have stayed many times. The good thing about SJDS is there are many untouched, pristine beaches a short drive north and south. So, if you wanted to you could hit a new beach every day!!

The restaurants in SJDS are all excellent as well. It definately gets my vote. In Granada I recommend a tour of Las Isletas, takes a couple hours max. There's alot to look at right in the city as well.

Have a great trip whatever you decide!

toronto
reviews: 18
2. Re: where to go in nicaragua in limited time!

Great - thanks alot for your advice!

3. Re: where to go in nicaragua in limited time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 10, 2009