We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel in San salvador near San Benito terminal

Which San Salvador hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Hostel in San salvador near San Benito terminal

My companion and I are staying one night in San Salvador as a layover for our tica bus journey from Managua to Guatemala City. We are having a time of it, finding a conveniently located hostel near the terminal b.c we need to be back to the terminal at 5:15 am. Technically our tickets say the San Carlos terminal but hearing that area is a little sketchy we are going to get off at San Benito and hope we can pick it back up in the morning. Any advice would be most appreciated on hostels, getting to terminals via taxi or it is safe to walk with our packs.

Sonsonate
1. Re: Hostel in San salvador near San Benito terminal

Hi Northwestlove, look there is a hotel in the sam building of ticabus that you can use I think the price for room is only 29 dollars if you taking ticabus again the next mornig and do not worry about the safe in that area because it is ok to walk if you want.

Suchitoto, El...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Hostel in San salvador near San Benito terminal

Yes The Meson de Maria right above the terminal is the most convinient but there is another not far from the San Benito area called Joans' Hostel the owner Ana has a facebook page. It is a taxi drive away as is anything except Meson de Maria. On the other side of San Benito You can check out Cumbres del Volcan, the cheapest place to stay in the city with bunk beds at $8/each and regular beds in dorm rooms at $14.

Enjoy El Salvador

San Pedro La...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Hostel in San salvador near San Benito terminal

the ticabus station in san carlos had private rooms for $12 with bath. i have stayed there a number of times with no problems, just down the street is a couple of places that sell pupusas real cheap. go early and right back to the hotel, it is a seedy neighborhood.

4. Re: Hostel in San salvador near San Benito terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 21, 2014