We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

international airport San Salvador

Which San Salvador hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 1
international airport San Salvador

I am looking at a TACA flight that has a "short connection" - 45 min transfer time at SAL Comalapa Intl Airport. I wonder whether it's a large airport or is it easy to go from one gate to another.

19 replies to this topic
louisiana
reviews: 12
11. Re: international airport San Salvador

Thanks, Katz

Baltimore
reviews: 301
12. Re: international airport San Salvador

Katzpaw: i'm guessing you mean your flight starts in Toronto, and what happens if you have a delay there.

Most airlines accommodate connecting flights only within reason, meaning that if your delay is short, and your connection time is long, you will have some wiggle room.

But if you are trying to make a very tight connection (under one hour) and your delay is very long, there is a chance you will just miss your connection. The airline will then likely try to get you on their next flight onto Ecuador.

For Joey, in my experience the US in the only country that makes you collect your baggage and go back through customs if you are coming from an international origin and moving onto a connecting flight that is domestic. i'd be shocked if that happened in el salvador, i agree your luggage will be checked through to your final destination.

San Salvador, El...
13. Re: international airport San Salvador

the airport is small there is no problem you have enough time

Penticton, Canada
14. Re: international airport San Salvador

We are connecting to Roatan and are concerned about safety at the International airport. Considering hanging out over night there. Thanks

15. Re: international airport San Salvador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:02 am, December 05, 2014

Penticton, Canada
16. Re: international airport San Salvador

Edwin, thanks for the heads up. Probably stay in San Salvador. Al. B

Penticton, Canada
17. Re: international airport San Salvador

I'd like to know how long the taxi ride is to San Salvador and La Libertad from the International Airport. Spending overnite to connect to Roatan. Don't want to spend a great deal of time in a taxi. Thanks

Penticton, Canada
18. Re: international airport San Salvador

Hi Not sure what happened to my post yesterday. I'd like to know how long a taxi ride it is to San Salvador and to La Libertad. Thanks Al

La Libertad, El...
19. Re: international airport San Salvador

La Libertad is 1/2 hr from Compalpa airport., Play San Diego 25 minutes, El Tunco 40 minutes.

Reply to: international airport San Salvador
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted