We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much is it to rest a car or truck

Which San Salvador hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north hollywood
how much is it to rest a car or truck

im going to el salvador in november. my family says i can rent a car or a truck. How much would it be to rent it for two weeks. either a car or truck. or should i go to like rent a car, hertz to rent a veichle. Im 24 years old

los angeles, ca
reviews: 11
1. Re: how much is it to rest a car or truck

You could rent a vehicle when you arrive to the airport, most of the main rentals companies including Hertz have an office there. By what I've read, the rates are close to what you would pay here, around $40-60/day, not sure if they have weekly rates.

SF Bay Area
reviews: 5
2. Re: how much is it to rest a car or truck

You can check Alamo - I received a decent quote using my Costco coupon. We are going in July, so I can post a report when I return

north hollywood
3. Re: how much is it to rest a car or truck

yeah. definetly write back to me when you get back.I would like to see how much money i would have to take to rent a car or the process. is it the same here. etc..

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 73
4. Re: how much is it to rest a car or truck

I rented a car from Hertz a few weeks ago. It was an SUV, around $50 a day, but there were a lot of additional charges for insurance and fees. It wound up being about $230 for 2 days with top-of-the-line insurance. You'll have to show your US drivers license, and provide a credit card. I am pretty sure they ran a deposit of a few hundred dollars on the credit cars. Other than that the process moved more slowly than it would in the US, it was essentially the same. Hopefully you speak Spanish, as the rental car staff did not seem to speak English.

north hollywood
5. Re: how much is it to rest a car or truck

yea i speak spanish. My family is from 2 places, turin, and sansonate. But i havent seen my fam in years, and my father goes a lot. he said to rent a car but should i trust someone fromt he street or a corp. like Hertz. But 250 for two days, will i even use the car to go to places. I guess if i travel with my whole family then yes. thanks once again

SF Bay Area
reviews: 5
6. Re: how much is it to rest a car or truck

I just returned from three weeks in El Salvador. When we arrived we rented a car from Alamo - the total with insurance for four days was $180.44. We did all the paperwork at the airport and then we were taken to the Alamo location to pick up the car. This was a very SLOW process. This was for a compact car.

For the next 10 days, we had a total of 13 people that were traveling with us so we rented a 'mirobus' with a driver from Grupo Tropic for $85 a day (this included all insurance). The drivers were all great and the service was GREAT!

After this we were scheduled to get another car from Alamo - but we asked Grupo Tropic for a quote and they rented us a mid size car for $30 a day including insurance.

I would defintetly use Groupo Tropic when we travel back to El Salvador.

Contact for Grupo Tropic: Wendy Joya

<grupotropic@gmail.com>

www.tropicentaulos.com

7. Re: how much is it to rest a car or truck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 21, 2010