We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera house in Kiev

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Opera house in Kiev

What is performing on July 7, 2013 and what the cost of tickets.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
11. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Thank you so much, emilysmom! :)

Glad the concert was good. Unlike the Opera House, our Philharmonic House never disappoints me.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Kyiv!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 100
12. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Thanks, Cora. It's such an interesting historic city. I have an off-topic question for you, please. I'm thinking of taking a day trip to Chernihiv. In order to visit the churches there, should I wear a skirt? I know of course to cover my head inside churches.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 290
13. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Thanks for the info about the Opera House

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
14. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Hi emilysmom :)

Sorry, is it too late to answer your question now? I was away during our public holidays.

Anyways, most of Chernihiv churches are Orthodox, so women are required to wear a skirt and cover their heads when visiting them (i.e. going inside; it’s okay to have no skirt when you are in the monastery courtyard).

But there are normally skirts and headscarves available at the entrance to the churches. You can use them (for free) when going inside and then return at the exit.

But if it makes you feel comfortable, you can wear your own.

Have a very nice trip!

Edited: 3:11 am, July 02, 2013
Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 100
15. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Thanks for all your info on this forum, Cora. I followed your trip suggestions and enjoyed Chernihiv. At the nunnery they had the skirts at the entrance to put over pants. I did have my head covered with a scarf in the other churches too. After I paid the entrance and photo fees for the Spaso-Preobrazhenskyi Cathedral the person in charge gave me a very informative brochure and map of Chernihiv, in English.

Edited: 4:01 pm, July 03, 2013
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
16. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Hi emilysmom :)

How lovely! :))) Well done.

Did you climb the Bell Tower, for the view?

17. Re: Opera house in Kiev

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 05, 2014