We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kiev

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Istanbul...
kiev

hi there

we wanna visit kiev in ukraine between this november and february what is the suitable date to visit there ı mena hıgh season and not that cold and not rainy :) and also full of festival can you recommend us any special date for visitng kiev t

thanks in advance

Kiev, Ukraine
1. Re: kiev

Hi Kadir,

Nice to meet you. Right now it is rainy and quite cold :) In general it is better to go starting from April, but since you are limted to this range, I would say the month of November is better than January - February, because they are the coldest ones. You will be able to visit some parties in the night clubs, I doubt there is any big festival durng this time. Well, the only big one is on the New Year, but it is on January the 1st, also we celebrate 14th February here. So it is up to you to decide.

Best regards,

Yuriy

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
reviews: 12
2. Re: kiev

May, June,..... ))

But fall is warmer than winter in any case,

so... November.... but there can be rainy,,,, and maybe even snowy ;)

M.

Istanbul, Istanbul...
3. Re: kiev

april may june is impssible we are still student :) and wanna do thıs trıp ın 2 months what about btw end of november and begıınıng of december ıs it raining too much ? ı dont like ra,ny aweather at all snow is better :) thanks ur advice

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
4. Re: kiev

weather is not my cup of tea))).... though i do not want to disappoint you, it can be muddy... without leaves on trees, water on the ground with smth like snow... i am afraid it can be possible... though ask somewhere else.... i am not good weatherwoman))... our weather is pretty unpredictable this period, as for me... BUT! it can be also snowy, clean and pretty! I like such a condition of city... but i can't predict for sure.

In any case, i suppose, you will like if you have good mood =)

M.

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
5. Re: kiev

PS January and February are more likely to have snow

Istanbul, Istanbul...
6. Re: kiev

thank u even if you are not a weatherwoman :)

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
7. Re: kiev

)) funny)

u r welcome. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Hope, you'll enjoy your time here =)

M.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
8. Re: kiev

Hi Kadir,

There’s absolutely no avoiding “cold and rainy” if you can only visit Ukraine from November to February. This IS our rainy/snowy and cold season.

So choosing between these autumn-winter months that you have you should first of all decide on what is more important to you – the festivities season or the weather.

In the case of festivities your best bet is to arrive around the New Year (Dec 31-Jan 1) and to stay till the Orthodox Christmas (Jan 7). This way you will be able to experience the variety of local special dates (both secular and religious) and join in their celebrations.

The problem is, however, that the first week of January is considered the high season locally, when some prices (accommodation in particular) grow and some restaurants (especially in the end of December) must be booked in advance.

If, however, the weather is more crucial to you, make sure you can arrive as soon as possible in November to reduce your chances of hitting the bad weather. It’s not unheard of that we even have the first snow in Kyiv as early as in November. Of course, it never lasts, but the weather definitely spoils.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 6
9. Re: kiev

hi. dont go later then end of october as the winter comes in very fast . let me tell you ukraine . you must not take taxi . they will grossly rip you off and can be unsafe . all food outlets are very much over priced . this is a very greedy country . bosses paying staff .60 euro per hour 50p uk . yet thet charge very high prices in hotela bars . cafe . they say this is business . i say gross greed. there mentality is shaft you and pay staff very little so the can drive bentlys and they dont pay . tax . some good news metro is cheap watch out for pickpocets. beer in supermarket cheap . and cigarettes. the rest be ware

10. Re: kiev

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, October 14, 2013