We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from Boryspil airport

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 7
taxi from Boryspil airport

Hi,

I am in Kiev over Easter. The hotel where I am staying has offered a taxi for USD50. Is this reasonable or is it better to wait until I arrive and get a taxi at arrivals? I believe there is now an official tax rank at the airport - is this correct and is it easy to find them?

Cheers

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
1. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

Hi Walmon and welcome to Kyiv forum :)

USD50 for *a hotel transfer* is ok. But it's certainly more expensive than what you can get in the airport upon arrival. It's absolutely no problem to find a taxi in Boryspil - the taxi desk (with a respective sign) will be to your right as you exit the arrivals in Terminal F (if that's the one you arrive to). Also, they queue right in front of the Terminal F.

Newfoundland, Canada
reviews: 5
2. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

You will find a photo of Cora's Terminal F taxi stand at this link:

https:/…5674841864652102610

Those red doors slide open, you come out, and the yellow taxi stand is on your right. English spoken when we were there late last year.

A friend of mine from Yorkshire (a street-wise businessman) tells me that he has never paid more than 100 UAH ($12.50) for a taxi from Boryspil to the train station in Kyiv. You'll find any number of taximen milling around outside of Boryspil, all ready to take you into Kyiv at different prices.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
3. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

Hi Aeolis :)

Well, I can tell you that I get a lift to and from KBP for free, but it’ll hardly be helpful to anyone.

An average foreign tourist, English-speaking only, will never get a ride from KBP for UAH100 these days in a taxi caught in the airport. Even calling a taxi from the city to the airport costs about UAH 130-140 (USD 16-18) today. So why even mention this unreal “benchmark” to create an illusion that a fair price a foreigner can get on spot is a rip-off?

At the very best, apart from calling up a cab (which most often requires local cell phone number and basic Russian), one can get anything close to this rate from illegal taxis or from the so-called “grach”, especially now that the cost of petrol has increased again in Ukraine.

Also, with introduction of these “Kolesnikov taxis”, they seem to have “cleared off” all the competitors in the airport. On (last) Friday morning, when I was in KBP, there were no other taxis available outside Terminal F but those “official ones”. The situation might change during the day and especially at night, of course (I was there early in the morning). But the latest media reports also mention the attempted monopolization of the taxi transfers in KBP...

Lviv, Ukraine
4. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

<<A friend of mine from Yorkshire (a street-wise businessman) tells me that he has never paid more than 100 UAH ($12.50) for a taxi from Boryspil to the train station in Kyiv. You'll find any number of taximen milling around outside of Boryspil, all ready to take you into Kyiv at different prices .>>

This is what you advise here on the forum is very funny :)

How can a passenger get out of the airport with luggage in his hands, and find the cheapest taxi. And the more it will distance from Boryspil taxi will cost less.

Have you thought about the safety of passengers. Is the advice of Kora_v and offer the hotel and it looks civilized.

Lviv, Ukraine
5. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

Last time I was traveling through Kyiv, I paid 200 UAH for the taxi, and I am Ukrainian. So I guess you should expect something around that price, or 250 UAH, depending on the time of the day.

In Terminal F they have the prices mentioned on a billboard (or at least had so few months ago). These depend on where exactly you have to go (which area of the city). I remember mine was around 250 UAH.

Oksana @ActiveUkraine

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
6. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

That's right Oksana. I mentioned these boards here before tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k368… (post #56).

I regret I was too busy this Friday and didn't ask them what the current rate was (taxi prices slightly increased in Kyiv recently, following the petrol price hike to USD1.5/l).

Newfoundland, Canada
reviews: 5
7. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

I stand by what I said, the unbelievers notwithstanding. 2 or 3 times in this forum I've read that the competitors have been cleared away, but they've always been there when we've passed through Borispil (of course anything can change). BTW, our fare at the yellow taxi stand in December was 280 UAH to the Kyiv train station.

Also, while in Kyiv, don't be surprised if a taxi will not take you into downtown Kyiv (Independence Square area) because of heavy traffic. This happened to us twice earlier this year (we walked). And don't be surprised if an ordinary citizen offers you a drive to your destination in Kyiv. This happened to us outside St Volodymyr's Cathedral in Kyiv last year when we were standing on the sidewalk trying to flag down a taxi to get to the train station. A young man (my wife thought he was an office boy) gave us a ride - he didn't want any payment because he was going that way, but we gave him 30 UAH. Of course it's your choice if you get into a car like this (I've never felt a threat to my safety in Ukraine).

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
8. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

Aeolis, no offense, please! No one is questioning your words, I assure you. It's not about believing or not - as I said, I get free lifts in Kyiv, believe it or not.

But this info is merely not helpful and misleading to the forum readers who won't get this rate today. No way. Especially after the recent petrol hence taxi price hike.

So, in my opinion, it's more useful to share the actual tariff, like you just did, rather than miraculous, or obtained from a regularly-used driver, or an illegal driver.

Edited: 11:41 am, April 02, 2012
Kiev, Ukraine
9. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

Totally agree with the posts that you can not have taxi for 100 UAH because of the fuel expenses. You can get the airport taxi for 250 UAH or order transfer with English speaking driver for 280 UAH (35 USD) and have good experience.

10. Re: taxi from Boryspil airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:54 pm, May 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kiev