We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dachnaya Bus Station

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
reviews: 11
Dachnaya Bus Station

I'm planning to arrive at Dachnaya by Eurolines from Berlin, before heading to the station for my train to Moscow a few hours later. However to get to Zhytomirska or Akademmistechko metro stations it looks like I have to cross or walk alongisde major roads and from google map (which has just added details of Kiev and other Ukrainian cities) I can't tell whether there are footpaths. What's the best way of getting from the bus station to the metro?

Thanks

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
1. Re: Dachnaya Bus Station

Well, that’s an interesting question! I’ve been driving by Dachnaya lots of times and I remember that Zhytomirskaya subway station is very close to it – couple of blocks back towards the city by the same side that the station is (and it’s a direct line to Vokzalna subway station where you’ll be heading to).

Actually, there are very few places in Kyiv with no footpaths at all and I think there’s no problem walking from Dachnaya to Zhytomirskaya subway station, except that you’ll have to pass the big junction at the crossroad of Pobedy Ave and Koltsevaya Rd and I can’t precisely remember where the passage is located. When do you arrive? I might be driving by again this week-end and probably can check this.

York, United Kingdom
2. Re: Dachnaya Bus Station

1st September in the evening.

Thank you, I'd really appreciate that.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
3. Re: Dachnaya Bus Station

Ah well, this gives us plenty of time! Settled then, even I don't get there this week-end (yet I think I would), I'll keep in mind checking this prior to your departure. Pity you don't stay in Kyiv :)

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
4. Re: Dachnaya Bus Station

Hi there! :)

As discussed, today I’ve driven by Dachnaya slowly just to check the pathway you’ve been asking about.

Dachnaya to Zhitomirska subway station is absolutely no problem to walk. It takes just a couple of blocks by the same side that Dachnaya is, and there are footpaths everywhere along Pobedy Ave, including at its short bridge part, which you’ll have to take. There are also ground “zebra” crossings for pedestrians everywhere at the crossroads. So, just walk along Pobedy Ave twds the city and you’ll get Zhitomirska easily. Btw, in Ukraine (as well as in Russia) when on “zebra”, check to your left first, then to your right.

Alternatively, if you’re having lots of heavy bags, you can cross Pobedy Ave to the opposite side from Dachnaya and take any minibus (marshrutka) to “Metro Zhitomirska”, there are entrances to the subway station at each side of Pobedy Ave.

Have a safe trip!

York, United Kingdom
5. Re: Dachnaya Bus Station

Awesome. Thank you very much for going out of your way to help me. It's much appreciated.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
6. Re: Dachnaya Bus Station

My pleasure! :)

Have to say, I was sort of puzzled myself: I realized that once subway is rather for pedestrians than drivers, there should be pathways to it anyway, but looking at a google map you mentioned I couldn't see them also and was just being curious.

Since there are lots of places to explore in Ukraine and I'm free to decide which way to go on w/e, it was no problem driving west via Dachnaya.

Have a safe trip!

7. Re: Dachnaya Bus Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, February 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kiev