We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

New York, NY
reviews: 4
Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

I am getting ready to book a trip with them to Ukraine (Kiev and Lviv). Has anyone used them before? And, if so, can you please let me know what your experience with them was? Thank you!

31 replies to this topic
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 284
1. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

Hi bobmikeNewYork_NY and welcome to Ukraine forum!

Unfortunately, the only mention of them here in the forum that I succeeded to find has been left ages ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k209…

Hope someone who used them since then happens to see this question of yours and will be able to help.

If you do decide to book with them, it would be wonderful if you could please then return to the forum and let know how it went. Thanks in advance!

Have a nice trip :)

Edited: 3:29 am, January 31, 2013
Kelowna, Canada
2. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

We recently returned from a 17 day trip (May 19-June 5) with Ukraine Tour. They provided us with private English speaking guide/drivers in Kiev, Sevastopol, Yalta, Odessa. The guides were friendly, enthusiastic,extremely knowledgeable and very professional. The city tours were excellent. We were greeted at the airport/ train station of each city, driven to the apartment accommodation, picked up the next day for the city tour, returned to our apartments or driven to the airport/station to go on to the next city. It all went like clockwork- worry free. Every detail on the itinerary was carried out flawlessly. We had a wonderful trip and found Ukraine Tour to be a very professional and trustworthy company. We highly recommend them.

New York, NY
reviews: 4
3. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

Thanks so much for posting! We are our way (3 weeks) to Kive and Lvlv and have used them. Did they ask you to pay their drivers up-front, in US cash? If they did, did you give them the cash in installments or all at once? Thanks!

Minnesota, Usa
reviews: 15
4. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

I’ve been to Ukraine 4 times and have used UkraineTour on 3 of my visits. I’ve been to Ukraine in May 2013, September 2012, September 2011, and September 2005. I didn’t need to use them on my first visit in 2005 as I stayed with friends in Kiev. I’ve used their drivers and rented apartment/flats from them on 3 of my trips. The drivers speak English and have all been very helpful. They’ve always been at the airport to meet me when I arrived and got me to the airport in plenty of time when it was time to leave. They went into the train stations with me in Kiev and Dnepropetrovsk and made sure I got on the correct train. When arriving in Dnepropetrovsk and back in Kiev the drivers have been waiting outside the train car I was in so I didn’t have to go looking for them.

The apartment/flats I’ve rented have always been clean and I’ve always felt safe. Their representatives are available 24/7 if you have any questions or problems. I would recommend UkraineTour for anyone taking a trip to Ukraine. In my opinion they are a reliable company to work with.

Minnesota, Usa
reviews: 15
5. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

Hello. For my trips I paid a deposit before I left. When I arrived in Kiev I paid the driver in dollars what I owed for my time in Kiev. When I was in Dnepropetrovsk I paid the driver there in dollars. It's been 2 years since I was in Odessa and I don't remember if I paid them in Odessa, or paid for that part of the trip when I was in Kiev. Either way I had no problems with any of the staff in Odessa. When I took the bus from Odessa to Pavlograd the representative took my passport to the ticket office at the bus station and purchased the bus tickets for me. They showed me where the bus was to come in.

Edited: 11:27 pm, June 06, 2013
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 239
6. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

I am using this company: www.tourstoukraine.ca/phpWeb1/index.php

Kelowna, Canada
7. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

We paid the driver in cash US$ the amount shown on the itinerary-invoice. The first time, in Kiev, we got the driver to sign the itinerary- invoice indicating that he had received the correct amount in cash. By the time we arrived at Sevastopol our trust in Ukraine Tour had grown to the level that we didn"t ask for such signatures. The driver/guide in Sevastopol ,Alex, is a very genuine person and our trust grew even more. We had no problems with cash payments even without the signatures in any of the cities. I understand your concern,as I had the same concern prior to our trip and that is why we got the first driver to indicate the cash was paid in full. Hope you have as good a trip as we did.

Santa Clara...
8. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

Thanks for the info. we're planning to go there in Apr or May next yr. is that a good time?

Also, could they handle a group of 15 persons and what is your itinerary. We would like to spend about 13 days there and from their to go to Russia.

Do they have any shared tour (group tour)? Do you have the website?

Thanks,

Santa Clara...
9. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

would you advise if this is a private tour. I do not find this 17 day tour in their website. thanks,

Melbourne
reviews: 18
10. Re: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)

Hi

we are looking for a tour of Ukraine in September (after Insight cancelled :-( , but none of the web links to UkraineTour.com conncet for us ("connection problems"). We are looking at Ukraine-Tours.com which has a tour we are interested in. Are they the same company? If not, does anyone have experience with this second co, pls?

Reply to: Ukraine Tour (UkraineTour.com)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted