We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to Belgrade couple of questions??

Which Belgrade hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
first time to Belgrade couple of questions??

Hi, Planning on comming out to Belgrade for 5 days at end of February. I'm mainly planning on going to a few bars and clubs based on Belgrades reputation as a good place for having fun! I've heard mention of needing to make reservations in nightclubs? whats that about? I had a similar situation in Beirut (I think) where all you needed was to reserve a table for the night? Is this the same thing and are you required to have a minimum spend at the bar to get a table? Or is it more a guest list thing? Will I be ok as a foreigner getting in every where? How strict are the dresscode will I need shoes or are a "cool" pair of trainers ok. Music wise I've had a look on the club listings website and can't see any listings for Drum and Bass clubs, is there a scene over there at all? On the Rafts that are on the river, do they float off a certain time or are the moored up? What sort of time to most places get going in the evening? Is it better to get to a club reasonably early or turn up later?

Also if you can suggest any hangover friendly sight seeing for during the day?

How cold will it be? Hat and Gloves? or just a good coat?

Also one final thing is the Royal hotel ok location for nightlife - seems fairly central from the reviews?

Appreciate any info given. See you all there!

1. Re: first time to Belgrade couple of questions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:30 am, January 11, 2007
lax
2. Re: first time to Belgrade couple of questions??

Hi there,

Well, as sometone born and raised in Belgrade I would first advise you to bring warm clothes if your coming in February. The temperature can vary but if it's windy it can be very, very cold.

As I've been living abroad for a while now, not exactly sure about the drum and bass clubs but try with http://www.b92.net/music/.

Rafts are moored up but there are usualy so many of them that you can always find something that would suit you.

I don't think that anything is running properly before 10-11pm and if you're showing up on your own no need to make reservation. To get the table is either subject to reservation or a waiter in a good mood ;)..

As a foreigner you'll be more than wellcome as long as you don't try hitting on local guy's girlfriends ;). No seriously, you'll be fine, as everyone speaks english and most of the younger people will be more than happy to help you.

Regarding the Royal hotel, I would advise you not to expect too much but the location is great for night life.

Well, that's about it..Let me know if you need any more informations.

Take care

Tijana

London, United...
3. Re: first time to Belgrade couple of questions??

The Balkan is a nice hotel in the city. My wife stayed there recently and the rooms are not large but are clean and tidy. As per the above post, you will need to wrap up well in February, the last time I was there at that time of year there was a covering of snow about 15cm deep and the temperature at night was about -7C

The rafts are a great place for a night out. Some of the restaurant rafts open early and the quality of food is good in general. The 'nightclubs' open much later. Smart casual is advised for dresscode as people from Belgrade like to look their best when out in public.

Belgrade
4. Re: first time to Belgrade couple of questions??

- cool shoes are fine :)

- there are D'n'B parties in certain clubs, try Akademija on Saturday, Bigz, Plastik etc.

- in most of the clubs if you come before 23 entrance is free, but don't worry if you come later, it's very cheap

- temperature today was around 16 C, and for the next days it will stay above 10, that means you won't be needing hat nor gloves

welcome!

5. Re: first time to Belgrade couple of questions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 24, 2009