We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somewhere to relax

Which Bucharest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
somewhere to relax

At present I'm in my hotel in the heart of Bucharest ( I've already reviewed this hotel earlier this year ) ..... and I've got to say that thanks to a Romanian friend ..... I've found the Ideal place to relax. I was taken there on my 2nd day in Bucharest ..when the temperature was hitting 32 degrees Celsius .it's a permanent fixture but it's name changes with the season .At present it's known , by the Bucuresti , as Player Summer Club ...... but it changes to Player Winter Club .It's open as swimming pool at the moment and has all the amenities you could want ....... a shallow pool for the kids .... a deeper ( 5 ft + ) pool for general water play ...and an Olympic sized swimming pool for the more enthusiastic (LOL) ..It has a hot food bar and a bar serving drinks ( alcoholic and non -alcoholic ).... and the loungers are free . You have to pay an entrance fee ( 30 lei ... when I was there ) but there is no time limit on your stay and it's open to anyone ...not just the locals .If you go to Bucharest in summer , I recommend you pay it a visit ...you may like it as much as I did .

Bucharest, Romania
3 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: somewhere to relax

There are a lot of pools in Bucharest especially in the Baneasa area (eg Barletto). And 2 water parks: Divertiland in the west on the A1 highway (reachable by public buses) and one in the north (reachable by 783 Otopeni bus). Have fun!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: somewhere to relax

I agree GTIB T , and both water parks are really nice places to visit , but Divertiland is 16km from University Square and the one in Otopeni is just over 18kms away. I suggested Player because it is closer ( only 5 kms from University Square ) and it's one I really liked .... no disrespect to the other pools intended ...it was just my personal opinion .I love Bucharest and Romania , so would not , intentionally disrespect any of the other attractions .

New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: somewhere to relax

Do you know if they've opened the roller coasters yet at Divertiland and if yes, will the park be open at the end of September? If not, any ideas when the roller coasters will be open?

My husband and I are planning a visit to ride the roller coasters of Bucharest on September 27, including Oraselul Copilar, Satul de Vacanta, Terra Park, and Zorky's Planet inside AFI Palace Cotroceni. We can't figure out which of these will be open that day, and we also want to be sure that they will allow adults without children to ride their children's coasters. We want to ride them all. Thanks for the help. We are roller coaster enthusiasts trying to ride as many as we can.

4. Re: somewhere to relax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 29, 2015