We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

Which Chisinau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 1
Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

I am thinking of traveling solo (I am an older woman) in Moldova after finishing an organized tour in Romania. The first question is whether it is realistic to think of using Chisinau as a base for let's say five days and taking day trips from there to see the best of Moldova. I'm especially interested in art and architecture. Are there must-see sights that would be too far away for a day trip? Secondly, can anyone recommend Chisinau tour companies that would be reliable? About how much should I expect to pay for a full day with a guide? If I'm willing to forego the guide, how much might it cost to hire a car and driver or a taxi for the day?

Sevastopol, Ukraine
1. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

Hi Doro33,

Five days for Moldova is incredibly long, of course that is IMHO. Two day could be enough for the traveler who really interested in visiting exactly Moldova.

As for local agent, I can send you contacts of Chisinau tour operator by PM if you wish.

Chisinau, Moldova
2. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

There is an English guy there who does all this kind of stuff for tourists. His website is www.visamoldova.co.uk

3. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 pm, October 14, 2011
Chisinau, Moldova
4. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

Moldavian agency will not take much money for tour....the Romanian will ask much more....you can be sure in agency from Chishinau....If you want I can help you...

Edited: 6:44 pm, March 18, 2011
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 53
5. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

I was very happy with a great knowledgeable guy named Val. Not sure about all the excursions he does. I went with him to Transdniestr and a wine tour. He speaks excellent English and can be reached at home-22 78 50 and mobile-0 794 62986 and at valbradu@yahoo.com

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 2
6. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

agree with CrimeaConsulting, 5 days - too much for Moldova, there are actually a lot of places to visit, but i think 3 days would be enough..

i would advise to see the winery in Cricova and Purcari..

may be Old Orhei and the fortress in Soroca and one more - a must see - 'the white fortress' in Belgorod-Dnestrovsk, though it's on Ukrainian territory as i remember...

there are plenty of agencies in Chisinau that offer different tours and they are not that expensive.

Vienna, Austria
7. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

Natalia Cojuhari is an extraordinary tour guide with profound knowledge.

Two weeks ago I spent a full day with her visiting interesting sites in and around Chisinau. You can find her via toursbylocals: toursbylocals.com/ChisinauMoldovaTourGuide

Punta Arenas, Chile
8. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

I just stayed in Chisinau 3 weeks ago, the most interesting part was Tiraspol. I had booked a city tour and tour of orheuil vecchi with Marisha (Moldovia tour guide) but she stood me up, she sent me an email telling me latter that she couldn´t find the guide she had assigned me for the tours, very unreliable. Left me no time for plan B, so it was a day wasted, and when you travel from very far it means time and money wasted too (in hotels, flights,and other expenses) so I would not recommend her.

9. Re: Reliable tour companies in Chisinau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 11, 2012