We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Sofia

Which Sofia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 10
Hotels in Sofia

I am coming to Sofia to begin a tour. I will only be in Sofia for two days then I will go out into the countryside.

How far is the airport from the city center ?

I am thinking of the following hotels:

Best Western Expo Hotel

Sveta Sofia

ARTE Hotel

Hotel Maria Luisa

Hotel Vega Sofia

Any comments about any of these hotels ? Any suggestions on any others ?

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Hotels in Sofia

The airport is not too far from the city center. Maybe 10 minutes drive depending on traffic

The Best Western Expo is out of the center and it's sister, the Best Western City, is a much better option.

Maria Luisa is also in a very good location but have had extremely differing reports from colleagues who have stayed there. Apparently the go is to get room "1A", which is incredibly plush.

ARTE Hotel is in a good location and looks nice from the outside but I know nothing further.

Not familiar with the other two you mentioned.

Cheers

Sofia
reviews: 18
2. Re: Hotels in Sofia

Expo hotel is really far from Centrum in a non-populated area. You will have nothing to do around it.

I have also heard bad things about Maria Luisa hotel.

Hotel Vega is brand new and looks very good from outside. It has a good location, although it is not close to Centrum either. It is next to student's town and there are a lot of pubs, bars and other entertainment within a walking distance. Public transport to Centrum runs at short intervals but is always crowded and not convenient to all destinations. Another advantage is that it is relatively close to the airport.

Maybe you should mention in which part of Sofia your appointments will be and do you intend to use public transport or taxi (since transport is a big problem in Sofia), as I can be more accurate.

New York City
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hotels in Sofia

Someone has recently told me that the Hilton Hotel in Sofia is a good option because is near the famous Vitosha street.

Stephan

New Orleans
4. Re: Hotels in Sofia

The Sveta Sofia is in a convenient location to many attractions downtown and looks like a very nice place to stay. I have also heard negative things about the Maria Luisa and have been in its restaurant and was unimpressed - not a great location either. It is downtown but its locale is not the most pleasant.

My recommendation from personal experience is the Hotel Meg in Lozenetz. I believe the link to their site is www.meg-lozenetz.com. It is in a great, very quiet, and a 5 minute walk to the National Palace of Culture. It is also close to great restaurants, Dunkin Donuts (if you are in the mood for such American treats), Jimmy's (the wonderful Bulgarian ice cream parlor), movie theaters and more. The Meg's restaurant is elegant and excellent. What we found to be most surprising was its large bathroom. We had a room for three people and were also impressed with the hotel's staff and the large room we were given.

The prices were in the $100 range.

5. Re: Hotels in Sofia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sofia