We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights and a full day in Sarajevo

Which Sarajevo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest,Romania
reviews: 1
2 nights and a full day in Sarajevo

Hi there,

We'll be arriving by car to Sarajevo on the evening of 14th of August and leaving on the morning of 16th towards Mostar-Dubrovnik. We are interested to feel the oriental/Ottoman spirit of the city, get to know the lifestyle and values of locals and taste local cuisine.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: 2 nights and a full day in Sarajevo

Hi, Did you find any good tips? I am doing the same thing in October so would love some recommendations.

Bucharest,Romania
reviews: 1
2. Re: 2 nights and a full day in Sarajevo

Hi,

We did a lot of walking and sightseeing in the old town area, visited also an interesting Museum about the city and its people, traditions, history near the Bascarsija area. Also if it is still open, and if you like make sure you visit multimedia gallery near the Catholic cathedral about the Srebrenica massacre. If you will still have time you can also go to the tunnel museum out of Sarajevo to learn the recent history (the war in 90s). Overall very nice, cosmopolitan atmosphere, religious and cultural diversity (muslim, catholic and orthodox) delicious meals, wonderful people. I am sure you will love it.

Sarajevo...
3. Re: 2 nights and a full day in Sarajevo

Greetings from Sarajevo,

Old part of the city is from Ottoman period and there are lot of things you should do.

-drink Bosnian coffee

-smoke hookah in Bascarsija

-visit Mosques from Ottoman period

-visit Old Orthodox Church

-eat ćevapi in "Petica" restoraunt

-eat traditional bosnian food in "Nanina Kuhinja" restoraunt

-drink Sarajevsko Beer etc etc

if you need any help contact me :)

Best regards

Reply to: 2 nights and a full day in Sarajevo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted