We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

Which Papeete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 15
Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

Good day. The pension I am staying in is located opposite the public beach Toaroto jsut south of Punaauia. They want 17600XPF round trip from the airport for two people each with a big bag (dive gear) on the way there we are during regular hours, on the way back to the airport we are "off time" . Would it be cheaper for me to just get my own cab or is this all about the same?

Tnank you in advance.

Sharkbait

Washington/ Moorea
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
reviews: 72
1. Re: Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

That price is about $195.00 US dollars which seems high. Whats the name of the Pension?

Ontario
2. Re: Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

Pension De La Page is the name. So if they are charging me 7600XPF return that is a good deal :o)...I am also looking at a bungalow in Mahina. I am not sure which is the better choice. I want to be able to purchase food and be close to the airport as my flight leaves early on the Friday I am departing (7:10 AM).

This is the link for Mahina :

iha.com/Guest-house-bed-and-breakfast/French…

The Pensions Link is :

http://www.pensiondelaplage.com/

I also want access to a grocery store and somewhere I can get BEER !! The latter is vital LOL...

Sharkbait98

Washington/ Moorea
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
reviews: 72
3. Re: Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

If you stay in Mahina plan on leaving very early to go to the airport as it's much futher than your other choice.

Why not email the pension and ask them how close a grocery store is?

Your first post was for 17600 and the second 7600 If the second amount is correct then the cost is OK

Ontario
4. Re: Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

HI, It is 17 600.. Typo. I am waiting for a response from the pension :o(

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

Hi,

I am also going to Pension de la Plage in August and they told me the taxi would cost ~3500 XPF for one way. They would have a chauffeur waiting for us at the airport. The flight arrives at 730pm. Did you get the same rates? We'll also have our diving gear and personal baggages.

6. Re: Taxi from Papeete Airport to my Pension

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 24, 2014