We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental

Which Papeete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Byron Bay, Australia
reviews: 13
Breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental

Has anyway had breakfast there - is it worth the cost for the buffet or are there good places to eat nearby

thannks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
reviews: 27
1. Re: Breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental

The buffet is fantastic--one of the nicest we've enjoyed in French Polynesia, particularly on Sunday mornings. When we're trying to manage costs and breakfast isn't included in our package, we have been known to order one room service breakfast and split it between two people (the amount of food the Intercontinentals serve up for breakfast is enormous).

As far as eating breakfast outside the hotel, I've honestly never looked. I'm sure the downtown would have some nice options, but we didn't want to have to get there. Faaa airport does a very decent line in croissants and other French pastries.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
reviews: 10
2. Re: Breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental

As AMF said its a plentiful buffet and I agree the Sunday buffet is scrumptious with quite a variety of items.

Regards Bo

Ontario
reviews: 25
3. Re: Breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental

Hi,

We were at the IC a couple of weeks ago and had three breakfast buffets which were included in our room rate and they were lovely. Big selection of hot and cold. It is pricey if not included. We didn't see any other eateries close by you could walk to. Into town would require a cab.

Just a thought is you could also go to the Carefour store. Short, cheap cab ride or probably 30 minute walk, however no sidewalks. .It was like a costco and had a huge selection of fruits pastries and so forth. We had a coffee machine in the room and a fridge.

Cheers

Carlsbad, CA
reviews: 96
4. Re: Breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental

Maybe we hit a bad week but I wasn't that impressed with the breakfast buffet. It was OK but sometimes the staff let the food run out temporarily and the food would have been better if it had been hotter.

However, there aren't any nice breakfast options within reasonable walking distance of the IC. There were some eateries at the "shopping center" by the Carefour store, but I wouldn't call them nice and don't know their hours.

Maybe we're fast walkers but we got to the Carefour in about 20 minutes. The problem is that the return trip is uphill so it would be tough with a lot of heavy fruit or beverages (which is what we wanted).

Maybe someone else who reads this can tell you if it would be easy to get a cab at the shopping center for your return trip. The bus is another option. We took it back and forth to Papeete.

5. Re: Breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013