We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B or Half board?@ Intercontinental-Tahiti, Hilton - Bora B

Which Papeete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
B&B or Half board?@ Intercontinental-Tahiti, Hilton - Bora B

Hi I'm about to book the IC Tahiti and wanted to know wheter to go B&B or Half board?

I'm also booking Hilton in Bora Bora and wanted to know the same for there?

How much would i expect to pay for Dinner for 2 in Tahiti? and also Bora Bora?

All help would be appreaciated.

Carlsbad, CA
reviews: 96
1. Re: B&B or Half board?@ Intercontinental-Tahiti, Hilton - Bora B

In addition to cost, you want to consider accessibility to other restaurants. The IC Tahiti is pretty isolated. During the day you can get around on the bus but it doesn't run at night. Similarly, the hotel's shuttle service to Papeete doesn't run at night. Cabs run at night but are quite expensive.

The food at the IC was pricey but very good. The breakfast buffet is large so we got by with ice cream or a light snack for lunch.

I don't know what's around the Hilton Bora Bora.

London, United...
2. Re: B&B or Half board?@ Intercontinental-Tahiti, Hilton - Bora B

Hi Thanks for the info, do you know if it would be better to get a coach tranfer to the hotel or get a taxi?

Netanya, Israel
reviews: 1
3. Re: B&B or Half board?@ Intercontinental-Tahiti, Hilton - Bora B

What is the cost of the Breakfast Buffet at the intercontinental Tahiti ?

David

Petaluma, California
reviews: 3
4. Re: B&B or Half board?@ Intercontinental-Tahiti, Hilton - Bora B

There is a store just down the hill from the IC where you can buy some fresh baguettes, cheese, snacks, beer and wine at a reasonable cost. This makes for great lunches.

The main restaurant at the IC, Le Lotus, was great! Wonderful view of Moorea (if you eat before sunset), overwater and the food and service were excellent. Pricey, however. About $200 US with drinks and dessert, IIRC....

The larger restaurant has a buffet selection of foods, all good quality. Don't recall the price however.

Many would recommend going to downtown Papeete and eating from the roulettes but we never had the time to do that.

Enjoy your trip.

TC

5. Re: B&B or Half board?@ Intercontinental-Tahiti, Hilton - Bora B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 15, 2013