We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

Which French Polynesia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
reviews: 33
Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

ok, here's the deal. Honeymoon 2011. We're going all out; Hilton moorea x 5 nights and 4Seasons x 4nights. To those of you who may have flown both classes: How worth it is it to fly business class on ATN instead of Coach class? The comfort and amenities of the seats definitely look better on their website...Price difference is {gulp} $2500 each! Need your advice!

Pittsfield...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

here is a suggestion, fly economy there and business back

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 61
2. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

Ia orana

If you can afford it, yest it is worth it

I would actually suggest considering it on the way to get there and arrive ready for the trip of a lifetime.

You can also consider an alternative > ATN sells upgrades for $ 700 each way per person on a stand by basis, show up early the day of the flight and should the space and catering be available, voila ! you now have an extra $ 1100 per person to buy that special black pearl and or Tattoo.....

Ps I have enjoyed many times the comfort and service of ATN Poerava Business class and it is worth it !

Bon voyage

Meherio

Las Vegas, NV
Destination Expert
reviews: 5
3. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

It is worth it ONLY if you have the money to do it. If it will put you in debt, then don't do it. Only you know how much you can afford.

Obviously it's much nicer and more comfortable in business.... BUT...you are going to be on the same islands and staying in the same hotels regardless of how you fly there. It's a long flight between LAX and PPT, but it's certainly tolerable with the individual entertainment monitors and free booze in coach.

San Luis Obispo
reviews: 25
4. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

Use the 'extra' money on the islands. I've often been ask if I want to do the upgrade at the airport, I never do.

Economy trick:

1. board plane

2. get airborne

3. ask for a Hinano

4. one ambien with a beer chaser

5. eat

6. night night for 5 hours

7. eat

8. land in paradise

Edited: 11:54 am, August 25, 2010
Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
reviews: 10
5. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

Take a chance on the USD700 airport upgrade.Is it worth it flying business class............it sure is a very comfortable experience.Regards BO

philadelphia
reviews: 33
6. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

ok. tough decision, guys. We can afford it but it will definitely be a tight splurge. I'm nervous about taking the chance to upgrade at the airport. My fiance consistently has issues with leg room and being cramped when we travel and fly so I'm thinking it may be worth it to do business class. After all, it will be the only time in my life that I do!

Portland, Oregon
7. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

Wow, it's only $700 to upgrade at the airport? That's a good deal... I am assuming that original cost of $2500 is per person per flight? So for two people, two flights it would be $10,000? Versus $700 per person per flight, so $2800 total?

Or maybe I'm wrong here and that $2500 covers round trip?

I like Tiki's plan, much more cost effective. :)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
reviews: 61
8. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

Ia Orana

Johnny Jet had done it again !

He has in the past posted the best trip reports on the travel to the islands. the following is the latest showing the Poerava Business class:

johnnyjet.com/folder/archive/LAX-Papeete-Aug…

Bon Voyage.

San Luis Obispo
reviews: 25
9. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

Trivia:

Which car manufacture has the most millionaires driving their cars?

Is it Mercedes?

How about Porsche?

Maybe Maserati?

I got it, it must be Land Rover, right?

Nope, it's Ford

A lot of wealthy people fly economy too : )

The rich got rich by not throwing their money down the toilet ..........

Portland, Oregon
10. Re: Trip of a lifetime worth $2500 extra to fly business on ATN?

LOL Tiki, that's so true.

I guess that's why when my friends ask how we can afford this vacation, we point to the fact that we have just the one paid-off car and we bring our lunches to work everyday! Save on the stuff that doesn't matter to splurge on what does!