We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Hi looking for any suggestions or advice on things to see, do or not do around the Outrigger Fiji in May 2014 for a party of 8 including teen boys. Nothing too expensive. Ideas on food costs and drinks as well would be appreciated thanks.

10 replies to this topic
Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 15
1. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

The resort will have activities that you can do. Have a look when you get there.

You may try Ziplining. Haven't done this but know people that did and they loved it.

There is the riverboat trip on the Sigatoka River. We did a Mystery Island tour on a twin mastered brigantine which sailed to a small island. We snorkeled had a BBQ lunch and came home most of the way under sail with the crew singing. Was great.

Went shopping at the market at Sigatoka. That was interesting. Don't know if I would want to repeat the experience with small children.

Anyway all the best

Baz

2. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Thanks Baz :)

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 20
3. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

We also stay at the outrigger each time we are in Fiji and always go over to kula wildlife park which is just a short walk from the outrigger there is a under pass under the road also the outrigger has a golf cart that might be able to drop you off as it's near there golf driving range. You can look them up on TA for reviews it's about $20FJD per adult :)

4. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Thanks Nata:)

Cardiff Australia
reviews: 1
5. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

The Outrigger is fantastic, I'm sure you will love it! They have a Rosie's tour desk in the main Foyer, they are great at helping you decide what tour would suit your family. Tours that I have really enjoyed are Kula Eco Park, Local school visit (Sigatoka District School, Sigatoka Methodist plus there are many others), local village visit (Malevu Village), Sigatoka River Safari, Robinson Cruiso (you can choose day or night or a day/night combo) & Mystery Island. When you check in they will give you a daily planner with resort activities. The fire walking show at the fire arena & the traditional Meke dancing at the Vale ni Kana are both fantastic. Food at the Outrigger is lovely but can become expensive compared to local dining options. Sunset strip Korotogo (a short 5 minute walk along the beach) has many cheaper dining experiences. Le Cafe, Beachside Cafe, Casablanca, Crows Nest, Bedarra Inn & Kokos. My favourites are Kokos & Bedarra. Kokos also offer a pick up & drop off service. Its best to book ahead if you choose to go to these restaurants. Enjoy your trip :)

6. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Thanks Nata:) & Thanks PKkk22 Getting close now and will take all this information with us to give everyone a few options and has put my mind at ease regarding affordable meal options.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 20
7. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Agreed you'll love the outrigger I know I do wish i was going back this year however off to Phuket in two weeks for some new experiences.

We also eat lunch and dinner on the sunset strip and love the breakfast at the outrigger so much to choose from

Enjoy your trip :-)

Edited: 1:32 am, April 29, 2014
8. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:50 am, May 13, 2014

Ilha Comprida, SP
reviews: 2
9. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Beach Cocomo Vakacegu Cafe..679-936-7063....you may want to try a Lovo

Auckland Region...
reviews: 7
10. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014

Hi I am thinking of travelling to Fiji in October with my 10 year old son for 5 nights, can you recommend a hotel with lots of activities for him to do? Cheapest place to rent a car?

Reply to: Outrigger on the Lagoon, Fiji for week in May 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted