We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priority Privilege Club

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Priority Privilege Club

Has anyone booked directly with Fiji Intercontinental as a Priority Privilege Club member. I'm thinking of joining but I'm finding it difficult to get the same answer twice when I ring to enquire, Anything I should look out for / query? I'd prefer to book via an agent but it seems you can't utilise the accommodation discounts if you do that.

8 replies to this topic
Nadi, Fiji
1. Re: Priority Privilege Club

Hi there - you can't utilize the accommodation discounts because they're based on different rates. You can book a portion of your stay with an agent and book the other portion with accommodation discounts direct with the resort.

Nadi, Fiji
2. Re: Priority Privilege Club

Hi there - you can't utilize the accommodation discounts because they're based on different rates. You can book a portion of your stay with an agent and book the other portion with accommodation discounts direct with the resort.

SYDNEY
reviews: 8
3. Re: Priority Privilege Club

I am a member and have been for 2 years and this trip have been able to use the free nights certificates and was going to use the 25% off certificate but that worked out quite expensive so I used points and pay which was a whole lot cheaper. Of course you wouldnt have accrued points as yet so you would have to use the 25% certificate. Before buying the card make sure your dates are available to ue these benefits. Of course you receive the discount for food and in the joining pack there is a voucher for dining too. I think it is worth it and most people I know that have stayed at this resort have said it was great. Also make sure you join the free blue priority rewards and register for those points - you earn points for staying and dining.

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 72
4. Re: Priority Privilege Club

I booked the Intercontinental direct through the Priority Privilege website and used two nights for the price of one certificate. We unfortunately were there during the cyclone so we could not leave our room for the majority of the stay or utilise the resort facilities but we used our dining vouchers and the 50% discount. We ended up spending around $600 from memory for the two nights Accomodation in a pool view room and all meals.

reviews: 7
5. Re: Priority Privilege Club

You can only book the PP rate through the PP website or contact there number. If you wish to stay longer simply have your TA or IC resort booking 'linked' with your PP booking confirmation number.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 30
6. Re: Priority Privilege Club

I have been with Priority Privilege for 12 years and the last few years I did not want to renew but they kept hounding me and bombarding me with e-mail messages enticing me to renew with unbelievable additional offers. I renewed last year and regretted it and I have again been conned this year as none of the additional benefits came to fruition and it was all just a big con to get another $299 off me.

I received my Priority Privilege package a few days ago, however, it is not the package that was promised to me on the telephone.

I was categorically promised an unlimited buy one night get one night free for 12 months at

any of the Australian and Pacific Island hotels in the ICH group and I was also promised I

would receive a special member card with a direct phone line on the top of the card to call the

person who sold me the package in the event of any problems.

I have rang the PP sales people on 02 8908 5860 and 8908 5857 and spoke to Richard,

Chris and Edward (the guy who sold me the package) to complain about my dissatisfaction with my experience. I have rang on these numbers a number of times and left a message to call me back but no return call.

On Wednesday 9th October 2013 I rang the 1800 801 646 number and spoke to Vemae as I

indicated to her that under your Terms and Conditions I had 21 days to return the package

and receive a refund. Vemae indicated to me she was not authorized to give out the

address of Priority Privilege to enable me to return the package for a refund. I requested to

speak to the manager and she indicated to me he was not available and that Syed would

call me back this morning and give me the address to post back the package and receive a

full refund. Syed did not call me back. PP do not have a physical business address and they

only operate from a phone number and a PO box which I think is illegal under the requirements

by ASIC as you must have a registered physical address.

I was promised all of these extras last year when I renewed my membership but nothing

eventuated that was promised to me. Problem is that I really believed everything they told me

again this year and it all turned out to be lies.

The 10% and 25% certificates are of no value because they only apply to the Best Flexible Rate which is around 25% higher than all the other rates. The hotel $50 voucher is of little value as their restaurant prices at all IHG hotels are so expensive. So the only real value is the buy one night and get one night free vouchers. You can actually book direct with the hotels to use these vouchers and this is the best way of making a booking as you will know exactly what you can obtain and they will confirm it to you by e-mail and you can also have the booking linked to your Priorityclub membership number so you can see all the information about your booking including cancellation details. Just about all the Priorityclub hotels only want to do full advance purchase bookings which is extremely dangerous as you will lose all of your money if you want to make a change or cancellation. Mostly the promised upgrades are not worth anything because they call an upgrade something with a different view or a slightly higher floor - just a con.

Personally, I think the IHG should abandon Priority Privilege completely as it is doing enormous damage to the hotel chain generally.

Edited: 8:55 pm, October 12, 2013
7. Re: Priority Privilege Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, October 13, 2013

SYDNEY
reviews: 8
8. Re: Priority Privilege Club

I agree most of what you have written - I too was promised extra than the normal pak so I have not renewed this year either. No one ever gets back to you as promised.

Very disappointing overall really and you definitely have to have your wits about you to reap any benefits.

Glad you explained in detail all the discrepancies.

Reply to: Priority Privilege Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted