We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 1
Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

On the surface outrigger Fiji seemed like the perfect place for my family holiday in March this year but unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.

During our stay my 7 year old son lacerated his foot on exposed screws in the bottom of the pool, my wife and 3 year old daughter suffered food poisioning and both children had accidents slipping by the pool and in the bath. Now the food poisioning and slipping may be something "just happens sometimes" but resort guests should not be exposed to serious injury simply by using the pool and facilities provided.

The real issue is with the resort management attitude toward my families complaint and the handling of the reckless saftey issue of 9 (yes 9! - I have photos to prove it) exposed screws in the pool. There approach was to ignore it and the only response I recieved was an email saying how good they were but totally ignoring any of the issues raised.

I would not go near an Outrigger resort again.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 92
1. Re: Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

What a dreaful experience. Hope you have all recovered now.

Hope this doesn't turn you off Fiji . Head out to an island resort, somewhere like Treasure very helpful lovely staff. Great kids club too. Good food have never heard a bad thing about the resosrt or staff. Totally different atmosphere to the mainland resorts.

Sydney
2. Re: Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

Thanks! It wouldn't stop me visiting Fiji again. The country and people are lovely.

I will just be far more selective in the resort chains I choose in future.

Brisbane , Australia
3. Re: Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

what a whinger

Sydney
4. Re: Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

I don't imagine you would feel the same way if your child that was injured badly enough and still had a scar from the injury after 7 months and to have your complaint totally disregarded.

S.F.
reviews: 12
5. Re: Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

Sparrow, Please get out to an outer island resort next time. You would never go near the coral coast again let alone the Outrigger. Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Regards, Pub

melbourne
6. Re: Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

I totally agree with you, me and my husband stayed at the outrigger for 5 days, the pool had several screws in the bottom of the pool which cut into my foot, then my husband had a bad fall in the bath whilst attempting to have a shower, this is a real issue as the bath is deep and very slippery when exposed to water so be careful. the stairwell are wet and dangerous so be careful when descending the stairs. The staff were not at all friendly and the restuarants were very expensive, the staff are constantly on you to refil your alcholic glass and snub you if you refuse, so not layin back and enjoyin your time in the bar or restaurant, we moved from here to denauara island which was a wonder experience friendly staff and a safe place to holiday so dont be put of by fiji as it is a wonderful country with friendly people.

7. Re: Outrigger Fiji - Not so good under the covers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 06, 2009