We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Raddison Blue Resort

Which Nadi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
Staying at Raddison Blue Resort

Hi There, My Husband, I and 2 1/2 year old are going to Fiji in 3 weeks and was wondering if anyone has any tips on -

Where is the best place to shop for quality buys (don't want to be hassled)

What would be the best island trip from Danaru Island with a toddler

What would be the best surf trip for my hubby

Have you stayed at the Raddison Blue, if so any tips?

And where would you suggest to go for dinner with a toddler

Thank you in advance for your tips and advice, it will be greatly appreciated. ;-)

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 83
1. Re: Staying at Raddison Blue Resort

Fiji is not renowned for its shopping. I found the shops around Denarau Island to be quite expensive. In saying that, I also found the shops in Nadi expensive. They were naturally geared to tourist prices. If / when I do decide to do some tourist shopping, I head to Jacks in Nadi. I don't get hassled there.

I would recommend a day trip to Castaway Island (a very family friendly island).

Sorry - don't surf.

I have stayed at the Raddison Blue twice now. My favourite restaurant within the resort is the Water Court Restaurant. You should eat there at least once.

Happy travels!

The Entrance...
reviews: 26
2. Re: Staying at Raddison Blue Resort

Forgot to add, you won't get hassled in most places in Fiji, you may find some of the shop keepers in Nadi a bit pushy though.

My brother is a surfer and does day trips to cloud break (???) from Planation Island, I would expect you could do something similar from Port Denarau. The tour desk at the Raddison should be able to organise something for you.

Edited: 1:57 pm, November 18, 2013
The Entrance...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Staying at Raddison Blue Resort

Hi Melissa, I agree the shopping is not great in Fiji, Jacks in Nadi has the best choice IMO but I usually get most things at the duty free at the airport. The shops next door at the Sheraton are nice but $$$$$.

Tips: get some snacks/drinks/beers etc from a local supermarket or the convenience store at Raddison or there is another one on the road outside the Sheraton. Try the day spa at the Raddison, it's lovely but expect prices similar to home.

I wasn't that fussed on the watercourt restaurant, have eaten there on both trips to the Raddison, but probably a good bet with a toddler. The seafood buffet at the Sheraton, was great and we also liked the Cross restaurant at the Raddison, but you would probably need to book a babysitter to try that one.

Overall the Raddison is a great hotel, with young children the location (30mins from the airport) cannot be beaten IMO, it is an easy and stress free holiday. The beach there is not great (but you probably already know that from reading all the info here) but the pool is wonderful (especially for little ones), you will find lots of children the same age at this hotel. Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Staying at Raddison Blue Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 20, 2014