We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

Which Nadi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 11
Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

HI there travelers please help I am planning a trip to Fiji for the first time for me, my partner and our 2 kids aged 9 and 10.

We want white beaches with a great Fiji atmosphere. I understand that not all resorts are near beaches so we were thinking maybe 3 nights near the main are and then 3 nights on an Island? we don't want to go near backpackers want more of a family environment, any advice I would love and really appreciate! Thanks so much in advance!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
reviews: 19
1. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

Mana would suit you fine. Fabulous beaches and snorkelling. Go to www.manafiji.com for more information.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
reviews: 25
2. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

Also suggest Mana Island - good kids club, large island, 3 beaches, 2 pools and plenty of daily activities else to do, or just 'relax'. Excellent for families.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 81
3. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

Mana or Treasure would be my picks or Malolo.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 11
4. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

thanks so much for your feedback,

any comments about Plantation Island?

Cooma, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
reviews: 188
5. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

Plantation is also a popular family resort with many activities to offer guests. With only 6 nights, I wouldn't bother splitting your time. You may have to spend a night on the mainland either side of your stay to allow for transfers but whichever you choose - spend the whole time on the island or you'll waste too much of your short holiday in transfers.

Melbourne
reviews: 7
6. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

Another vote for Mana.

Beautiful beaches, wonderful staff, postcard views. We love it there. Also enjoyed our stay at Treasure & returning there in August. Much smaller resort compared to Mana.

And definitely spend more time on an island!

Cindy

Edited: 5:41 pm, February 01, 2013
newcastle
reviews: 9
7. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

We have stayed at Planation many times, our daughter was married there 4 yeras ago as well. I would recommend this as a great family resort, relaxed but with a lot of activities for the kids.

As previous posts have suggested, stay longer on the island, 3 nights is not enough, and the mainland resorts cannot compare to the island experiences.

Good luck!!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 81
8. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

Definitely island stay Plantation would not be my choice, any to the others.

Wamberal, Australia
reviews: 16
9. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

We have stayed at Plantation a few times now. Both kids and adults have a great time. Plenty to do and beautiful beaches.

Canberra
reviews: 5
10. Re: Travelling to Fiji with 2 kids aged 10 and 9- where to stay?

I haven't been to Plantation, but Mana Island is amazing. The accommodation is great at the resort. The water is clear the beaches are white and there is so much to see when snorkeling. I think you would all enjoy it. Also, the Seaspray leaves from Mana, it is a day cruise with all meals and drinks included, there were a few kids on board when we went and they seemed to have a great time. I would definitely avoid the mainland resorts as the islands are so beautiful, and I think you will find more to do with your kids.

Edited: 2:40 am, February 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nadi