We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral coast to Nadi yasawa flyer

Rochester, United...
Coral coast to Nadi yasawa flyer

We are going to be staying on the coral coast at Maui Palms Villas before moving on to Octopus resort in the Yasawas. I was wondering whether it would be feasible to get from the coral coast to the dock in Nadi via a taxi the same morning in time to make the boat, or whether we would need to stay in Nadi the night before to reach it in time for the morning departure. I would rather spend a night on the coast rather than in Nadi, but then we don't want to miss the flyer and be stuck.

It's our first time to Fiji so I'm not really sure how reliable or quick transport is.

Thanks for your help.

4 replies to this topic
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 82
1. Re: Coral coast to Nadi yasawa flyer

The Yasawa Flyer leaves at 8.30am and they ask tat you be checked in by 8am. You would need to leave the Coral Coast rather early. Probably a night in Nadi would be a better solution you wouldn't have to get up so early and worry about not making it to the Flyer in time. You could leave the Coral Coast late afternoon. The Mercure Hotel is a 15min. taxi lride from the Marina, we usually leave the hotel around 7.15am and get to the marina before the coaches, get checked in land have a coffee and something to eat at Lullu' cafe adjacent to the marina. No rush and no worries.

Australia
reviews: 60
2. Re: Coral coast to Nadi yasawa flyer

It will be a very early start otherwise I can recommend the Terraces, right next to the marina..

http://www.theterraces.com.fj/ you can get very good prices if you look around..

Rochester, United...
3. Re: Coral coast to Nadi yasawa flyer

Thanks so much for your help, looks like a night in Nadi is the best option

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
reviews: 21
4. Re: Coral coast to Nadi yasawa flyer

We stayed at The Terraces a week ago today and really liked it but you do need to shop around for a good rate (we paid NZ$160ish from memory). Pluses include large, airy layout. We had two AC's which meant we could turn the one in the bedroom off overnight and just leave the one in the lounge going and use the overhead fan in the bedroom. Perfect sleeping temperature, non popsicled people in the morning. ;-)

Wander over and see the lovely ladies in the small cafe by the pool for breakfast, they make The Best crepes! And, if you have a lot of luggage, no worries... pop down to reception and let them know that you need a hand and they'll send someone to load all your gear onto their mini trailer unit thing (technical term for little vehicle that pulls little trailer) and you get to ride to the port facing backwards and feeling tempted to offer everyone the royal wave. ;-)

Reply to: Coral coast to Nadi yasawa flyer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted