We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's Fiji at the moment?

Which Fiji hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 2
How's Fiji at the moment?

I am planning a round the world trip and was hoping to take in Fiji. The UK Foreign Office site is saying to stay away from the capital etc, but such reports are often over cautious and I was wondering how it actually was and whether it is suitable for backpacking.

queensland
reviews: 2
1. Re: How's Fiji at the moment?

Hi ho Scardie-cat,

I have been watching the up-dates too as we are off to fiji on the 28th feb. Go to google and type in ....www.fijitimes.com

Not sure what the go is at the moment as they say they are targeting Australians and New Zealanders....mind you if we believed every thing that was said we wouldnt leave our homes.

People that have come back from Fiji have said there is nothing to worry about so we are going no matter what. The Fijians are beautiful people.

Its up to you in the end but have a look at the web site and go from there.

Cheers....Warwick

2. Re: How's Fiji at the moment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 21, 2009