We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castaway won't be a dissapointment after Maravu will it?

Which Fiji hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Castaway won't be a dissapointment after Maravu will it?

We have all our ducks in a row - ready to book later today - I just want to make sure we won't be disappointed when we get there.

We are choosing Castaway this time because of the kids club to keep our 8 year old busy - but still want a "fiji" experience not a carribean/hawaii experience.

Thanks!

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 84
1. Re: Castaway won't be a dissapointment after Maravu will it?

Hi TammyColo,

We just stayed at Castaway over Christmas and New Years and we totally loved it! They have mastered the art of relaxation that I did not experience in niether Hawaii or Caribean and it definately did not feel that you were in either of those places.

My litle one (5 yo) loved the kids club especially at night (7-9 p.m.). We were able to enjoy grown up dinner with my other daughter (13) and my husband.

The whole place is so remote and while it was fully booked, you never really knew that there so many people on the island. After few days we just felt as part of a big family. They always had nice local band playing music for lunch and dinner and it was a very nice touch. Hope this helps.

Australia
reviews: 60
2. Re: Castaway won't be a dissapointment after Maravu will it?

Agree with VaTravel, the resort was full but we wondered where everyone was during the day. The only time we noticed it was a bit busy was at night time around dinner, if you want to sit outside on the decking book early, although there was a wedding party there this may have made it seem busier as they all sat outside for dinner every night. But no one was noisey or loud. Our two elder children 9,11 loved kids club especially at night. Through out the day they would snorkel and swim, play table tennis, so they didn't use it as much during the day. Our 4 yearold used it only once but the kids club staff tracked him down on our last day and presented him with a Castaway Kids Club Life member certificate. They are such beautiful kind people.

Kimberley BC
reviews: 1
3. Re: Castaway won't be a dissapointment after Maravu will it?

Bula Tammy, It's great to try something new! Just go with that attitude and try not to compare it with something else,I think you will have a great time....cheers!

S.F.
reviews: 12
4. Re: Castaway won't be a dissapointment after Maravu will it?

Tammy, take from me with all my South Pacific experience, Hawaii or the Caribbean don't belong in the same sentence. Castaway is a small island, sure it might be full or near full but it will be very nice. It's a highly thought of place. Pub

5. Re: Castaway won't be a dissapointment after Maravu will it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 16, 2009