We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

Which Fiji hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Slovenia
travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

Ok, it's me again. According to the coup, is it still save to go there. All I'm planning is to keep myself in Nadi and go away to Brisbane on 18. of december. Are the beach resorts save an all?

How do you think is gonna be in next few days?

Please I'll be happy on any anwser you'll give me.

thanks..

Suva City
1. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

It is still safe to come to Fiji but what a waste just staying around Nadi from 12 tp 18 December - go and stay at one of the Islands in the Yasawas or Mamanucas for three nights at least. have a look at some of the other posts in this Forum good places to stay.

Melbourne
reviews: 1
2. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

I agree, Nadi is no place to stay for 6 days when there are so many other beautiful islands that you can get to that are completely untouched by the political unrest over there.

I had clients in Fijiduring the last coup who stayed on some of the outer islands and bar for little numbers of tourists around (which gives you almost a whole resort to yourself) they saw nothing of what was happening politically.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Slovenia
3. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

Hey, I'm really thankfull for your replies! Can you give me some more details about going on Yasawas or Mamanucas. How far is this from Nadi and how do I get there? Sounds really interesting spending three nights there. Any details you'll give me I would appriciate.

Suva City
4. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

Jedi Kenobi - it is safe!!! just to start you off - there are various catamarans and cruise boats travelling to the island resorts, many leave from the marina at Denarau (close to Nadi), some leave from Lautoka wharf. There are special buses which pick-up travellers from their hotels in Nadi and takes them to Denarau marina to catch the boats in the morning (and return when you come back). If it just happens that the bus does not pick-up where you are staying the hotel will tell you which other hotel nearby you can get the bus from. Always ask, there will be plenty of staff willing to help you.

As for choice of places to stay I suggest you spend some time going through postings in this forum to get an idea of resorts travellers recommend - also have a look at Lonley Planet forum for Aus & NZ - Pacific Islands incl PNG - then select Fiji in country box. Make a note of the ones that sound good to you. I would think you won't need to book until you get to Nadi. Have a good visit!

Suva City
5. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

Sorry - website is Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Forums

Aruba, Snt Nichols
reviews: 9
6. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

Hi Jedi,

Contacts for Awesome Adventures and South Sea Cruises are as follows:

AA : Ask for Mela - reservations@awesomefiji.com

Main phone - +679 675 0499

OR Fax + 679 675 0501 OR MAIL P O BOX 718, Nadi

SSC - southsea@connect.com.fj +679 675 050 +679 6750 501 OR MAIL P O Box 718 Nadi

Hope this helps.

Aruba, Snt Nichols
reviews: 9
7. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

Hi Jedi,

Contacts for Awesome Adventures and South Sea Cruises are as follows:

AA : Ask for Mela - reservations@awesomefiji.com

Main phone - +679 675 0499

OR Fax + 679 675 0501 OR MAIL P O BOX 718, Nadi

SSC - southsea@connect.com.fj +679 675 050 +679 6750 501 OR MAIL P O Box 718 Nadi

Hope this helps.

8. Re: travel to Fiji from 12. december to 18.december

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fiji