We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

Which Fiji hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

They just posted a MSG on their Facebook page closed from 21 dec till march 1 due to extensive damage

Moreton Island...
reviews: 70
1. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

That's sad news as its the oldest hotel on Denarau and was built in Fijian style unlike all the other resorts there

Sydney
reviews: 14
2. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

really? I'm due to be there from Jan 19 to Jan 26...

Auckland, New...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

Sad as this will impact holidaymakers and staff - but fantastic as it wil be a great opportunity to do a long overdue upgrade. Hopefully Starwood will make the most of this opportunity.

Sydney
4. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

Just as well I saw this post as I'm leaving in 3 weeks for the Hideaway and then was booked at the Westin. I contacted the resort and cancelled the booking. Now have to find elsewhere!

Edited: 7:39 pm, December 20, 2012
Moreton Island...
reviews: 70
5. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

I'm surprised the Weston isn't contacting people who have booked Blaze

Even if they have communication problems there the hotel chain does have others who could do that

Hope all goes well. Perhaps contact the Terraces by email they do good deals for returnees.

No one seems to have info on them but they are on a canal and I was wondering if that flooded with the high tides and big seas. have you heard any updates?

LTB

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 9
6. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

I'm sure that they will be contacting those who are booked - but they're likely to do it in order of those due to arrive soonest, and there may also be other pressing needs.

I had a night booked at the Westin on the 20th of December, and received a call from Wotif (through whom I had booked), saying that the Westin had contacted them and asked them to contact me to notify me of the closure. (I had already sent an email directly to the Westin about cancelling, as we returned to Australia early - though still post-cyclone - but I imagine that it'll take some time before they could even get to those.)

Sydney
7. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

They said they're contacting people over the next 2 weeks. Have booked Sofitel instead for FJD$350 a night including breakfast and dinner each night. Not too bad

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
reviews: 199
8. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

Just be careful with that Blaze - Sofitel are unfortunately known for accepting double bookings and then not having anywhere for people to stay when they arrive and offloading them to Novotel or Mecure. Better to book the cheap hotel in the first place.

Sydney
9. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

Thanks Tez- my friend in Fiji called the sofitel but I'll see what we can do.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
reviews: 160
10. Re: Westin Denarau closed until march 1 2013

Blaze - I have to agree with tez' comments re Sofitel.

Friends of ours were regulars who usually booked 3 or 4 rooms - so good customers.

On their last trip they were told they would have to move out 3 days early as a conference was booked in. No apologies apparently and there were young children in the party which caused more upset and disruption.