We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Octopus resort swimming

Which Fiji hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hawera
reviews: 5
Octopus resort swimming

HI we are considering traveling to Octopus Resort in May 2013 with a seven year old and 11 year old. Reviews look awesome, our only concern is many reviews say it is not a swimming beach. I understand there is coral. Is it nice enough for kids to swim in though in shallow? We wanted to stay at a family resort that had a lovley beach, great snorkeling and kyaking etc beach as well as good food and initially wanted to go to Blue Lagoon but trying to keep the travel times and costs down a bit.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 80
1. Re: Octopus resort swimming

Octopus should be fine. Apart from the pool the beach is OK for kids and the snorkeling is OK too. Don't think you will be disappointed.

Hawera
reviews: 5
2. Re: Octopus resort swimming

Thanks so much for your reply

Kerikeri, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
reviews: 18
3. Re: Octopus resort swimming

The beach is fine for swimming between half to full tide. At other times the coral shelf is close to the edge and you would not want to chance walking on it. At those times my grandchildren always enjoyed the pool. It also depends on the moon's cycle as to how high/low the tide is. Adult swimmers are able to go out through the boat channel at low tide to swim or snorkel, but Unless your children are competent swimmers I would not advise that for them. We have had many great family holidays at Octopus with children ranging from 1 year through to teens, you will not be disappointed. If I can help with any other queries please PM me.

4. Re: Octopus resort swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 25, 2013