We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Review??

Which Cook Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
reviews: 10
Accommodation Review??

Any advice on how I can write a review on our rental accommodation would be appreciated. I have done reviews on restaurants, etc following our amazing holiday, but our accommodation is not currently listed on tripadvisor - help please. Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

10 replies to this topic
Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
reviews: 72
1. Re: Accommodation Review??

Kiwi Smiles if it is not listed you have to just post here on the forum. Include the name of the accomodation in the heading so it will be found. If you want to include photos you will need to out them on one of the free blogs and provide the link in your post

Regards

Suzi

2. Re: Accommodation Review??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:08 pm, August 13, 2014

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
3. Re: Accommodation Review??

Hi KiwiSmiles,

I have read all your reviews, it would appear that you're definitely a Raro convert, I sense your enthusiasm in all the places you visited. I look forward to reading your review of your holiday accommodation.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
reviews: 29
4. Re: Accommodation Review??

Hi KiwiSmiles, TA doesn't make it easy to write a brand new review of a place not currently listed but it can be done. Click on Write a Review at the right of the green bar above and follow the bouncing ball. When you type in the name of the place for which you want to write a review it will list possible places. At the bottom of that list it will say 'can't find what you are looking for?' Click on 'tell us more'. Give as much information as you can and then submit it. TA will review what you have written and if they find it acceptable they e-mail you back. Don't expect this to happen very quickly.

Edited: 1:51 pm, August 13, 2014
Gulfport...
reviews: 14
5. Re: Accommodation Review??

Sorry if I affended anyone, as I see my post was removed. Just trying to inspire a writer to express themselves. At first I was offended that the post was removed, but after considering the content. I can understand the conflict and accept my content removal. Having posted over 180 times on your pages, surely you must know my intent is only to ensure that the traveler enjoys the Cook Islands and answer any questions that I can.

Papa Mike

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
6. Re: Accommodation Review??

Not sure why your originally post was deleted Papa Mike - seems a little mean spirited to me as you did not say anything wrong!

Regards

Suzi

Auckland
7. Re: Accommodation Review??

Thanks for your reply Suzi :) sadly, it appears the only item we did leave behind was our camera with all our fab pics! I will definitely pop a review on here - maybe hubby will let me go back for the camera lol - I am sure pics would be appreciated.

Auckland
8. Re: Accommodation Review??

Thanks Fernsie - definitely a convert :) already planned our next trip and can't wait. Excited to be there for the 50th anniversary celebrations in 2015.

Auckland
9. Re: Accommodation Review??

Hi Papa Mike :) I totally agree with Suzi. I managed to read your first post before deletion and found it inspiring and helpful. Thanks for taking the time to give a novice some encouragement - it was appreciated.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
reviews: 29
10. Re: Accommodation Review??

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that Papa Mike's original post was deleted because he referred to the travel guides he writes which I suppose could be construed by some as self promotion which isn't allowed on TA. I'm sure it wasn't because of his advice to KiwiSmiles.

Reply to: Accommodation Review??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted