We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club raro

Which Cook Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new zealand
reviews: 11
club raro

Does this have a kids club

9 replies to this topic
Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
reviews: 29
1. Re: club raro

HI Wendy, looking at the following review it doesn't look like it.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294330-d309986…

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
reviews: 101
2. Re: club raro

Kia Orana Wendy, welcome to the forum.

Club Raro doesn't have a kids club. It's only a small property. Their sister resort, the Edgewater has the kids club - http://www.edgewater.co.ck/.

All the best with your plans. Kia manuia.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
reviews: 66
3. Re: club raro

Hi Wendy,

As Puapii-teacher has suggested, check out the reviews. Note that many of the positive reviews are first time reviewers. Many of the reviews mentioned traveling with a group of friends - please read between the lines.

I'll go one step further & suggest that I would reconsider my accommodation options if I was traveling with children.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
reviews: 70
4. Re: club raro

Fernsie you are far too polite and diplomatic. Wendy do a forum search - here is one to get you started tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294328-i2626-k…

Regards

Suzi

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
reviews: 29
5. Re: club raro

Wendy, here is a link for family hotels in Rarotonga:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g309713-zff4-Rarotong…

new zealand
reviews: 11
6. Re: club raro

I did look at reviews but got deal through expedia so to late to change and dont quite get your meaning

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
reviews: 66
7. Re: club raro

Hi wendyNewZealand,

If you've read all the recent reviews for Club Raro and still "don't quite get your meaning" - you'll probably have a great time.

Just my opinion - I wouldn't stay there with children.

Actually I wouldn't stay there at all.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
reviews: 101
8. Re: club raro

Hi Wendy,

You've probably gained a very good deal for your accommodation using Expedia. At the end of the day, this resort is a place to sleep, have something to eat and drink, and provide a base to explore the wider island. But also to extend your pocket from valuable savings you've made towards paid attractions and activities.

I stop by at Club Raro from time to time, and talk with guests who've stayed there. It's not the Ritz, but if you aren't paying Ritz prices either and are prepared to accept the services provided, then elements of your stay there will be rewarding. The beauty of Raro is that you can access other parts of the island (including nice beaches) by passenger bus, or rental car.

A first visit to Rarotonga is a good opportunity to see if you like this island importantly, and what the possibilities are for a return visit if so. There are a number of s/c options including rental houses and family-style resorts dotted around Rarotonga.

Enjoy your trip. Kia manuia.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
reviews: 70
9. Re: club raro

It can be sugar coated as much as some would want - but basically Club Raro is a dump, party central and on an awful beach - very shallow and rocky. The adage you do get what you pay for comes to mind. Hey maybe you will like it but I wouldn't care how cheap it is I would not stay there - or Edgewater either

Regards

Suzi

Edited: 7:48 pm, April 07, 2014
Reply to: club raro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted