We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

Which Cook Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
reviews: 12
Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

"Survivor" Cook Islands???

Word on the coconut wireless here is that the next "Survivor" series---(the US one, not the UK "Shiprecked", which was here last year)---will be shooting on Aitutaki soon. Apparently the construction crews will be there April/May, and the show will be shot in May/June.

Apparently the crew working on the show numbers around 300 people, so if any of you plan to visit Aitutaki during those months---or even here on Rarotonga---you might consider getting your accommodations reserved and confirmed in advance. Even some flights at certain times may be full as well.

This should all be in the regular news in the next few days, you might check CINews and CIHerald websites over the next week or two.

Found this out from Raro who lives in Rarotonga...

sunny regards,

shully

West Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 77
11. Re: Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

Hi Ken...

As I've noted, previously, the Aitutaki lagoon cruise operators are already making plans to alter their tour itineraries, in order to accommodate shooting. We were assured, while there, that One Foot Island was NOT going to be the location.

All the best,

Mark

Seattle, WA. USA
reviews: 2
12. Re: Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

At the risk of fueling rumor with more rumor, I just thought I'd post this link:

claycritters.com/map/s13/survivor_13_map.htm

For one thing, the map of Aitutaki is probably the best I've ever seen, with the topography well marked.

My main reason for posting though is the indication of various sites on the map for Survivor-related activities. I'm guessing those locations are pure speculation, but I don't know for sure. Essentially, they have Survivior-related activities all over the island and its various motus. Note the places marked for housing the crew - very likely the Pacific Resort (though the location is not quite right), and what looks like Etu Moana and/or the the Are Tamanu Village.

Again, all this may be pure speculation, but I thought folks might find it interesting.

Ken

Sydney
13. Re: Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

I have read so many different reports on this by now - can anyone please tell me when the show will actually be on Aitutaki and how long they will be there for?

I'm due to get married in Aitutaki the first week in November.

Seattle, WA. USA
reviews: 2
14. Re: Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

Busby,

I don't think anyone can tell you anything will absolute certainty right now. I'm not sure it's even absolutely certain that the show will end up filming there - though personally I do think that's the case (it's certainly sounding more and more like that's what's happening). In any event I'm pretty sure filming will be done by the time your trip arrives. Indications are that the shooting will be done over a period of a couple of months before you arrive.

Ken

Sydney
15. Re: Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

Thanks for your reply Lord - I guess I will just have to keep watching for final decision on times and location and hope it will all be long over before we arrive.

Belgium
reviews: 10
16. Re: Survivor TV Show in Aitutaki!

The high resolution map on the claycritters site as posted by Lordbalfor is a Crown copyright protected map of the Department of Survey and Land Information New Zealand.

The complete map (the one on the claycritters site is truncated) with legends can be found here:

…govt.nz/rcs/…index.jsp.

They also have the same type of topographic maps of Rarotonga and the other Cook Islands. Very informative.