We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in uruguay

Which Montevideo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
las vegas
first time in uruguay

Hello everyone. My husband and I are planning a trip to Uruguay in August. We are not party people. The purpose of the trip is possible part time residency in the country in the future. We'd like to visit Colonia, Montevideo, Punta del Este, and Rocha. We like the beach. We'll be looking to see what area is ideal for us to live. What do you think is a realistic time frame for the trip? 2-3 weeks? What would be the most economical way to do this? I've been shopping around for good prices on flights/hotel/car rental; and reading forums. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Anna

Punta del Este
1. Re: first time in uruguay

Hello Anna, 2 weeks should be enough, but it's always nice to save more days in case you find a place you like and want to explore it in detail.

The bus service is cheap and punctual, all over the River Plate and Atlantic coasts, but renting a car is also cheap and more convenient as in Maldonado and Rocha attractions are scattered all over.

2. Re: first time in uruguay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 29, 2014