We are family of one year old twins girls and we are global traveller.
We'll be in Montevideo for two days in early March and will stay for two days. We are staying at an apartment in Ciudad Veija so we can walk to Buquebus terminal for our direct ferry to BA. We probably will go to Mercado del Puerto for food and trying to adjust the girls to 4 hours time different. Maybe try to get enough sleep after that long flight from US.
We will be back to Montevideo after spending 10 days in BA and will be staying for 4 nights in Montevideo before our flight back to US. We are thinking of going for a day trip to Puente del Este when we were in Montevideo. We need your help on planning our trip in Montevideo.
1. Where should we stay for four nights? We like the idea of Pocitos but I am afraid that it is going to be inconvenient if we need to travel with taxi/bus with the twins to check out tourist site at downtown.
2. Do they have a bicycle with trailer to be rented out so we can bike along the rambla?
3. Can we swim at pocitos beach?
4. It is hard to find apartment to rent in Montevideo area for less than a week. Can you suggest good rental company?
5. I know that there is a regular bus to Punta del Este, is the bus station near to the downtown of Punta del Este and the beaches?
We really appreciate all suggestions.