We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

Which Montevideo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

Hello everyone

I would like to know, if it is a good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to December 18? I understand that it is not the high season, but is Punta del Este worth visting even though it is not in high season? I would really like to go, and this period is the only one available fo me, but I don't want to go if the city is boring in this period. :)

Another question: Could someone please recommend me a good, but cheap hotel?

I hope someone can help me!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 154
1. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

In my opinion, Punta del Este is much nicer in low season. In mid-December should be warm and sunny any way. Too many people in high season and ways too expensive.

For hotel recommendations, I'd suggest that you post again in the Uruguay or Punta del Este forum.

Silvia

Grass Valley...
reviews: 4
2. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

Just got back and I liked that the hotels were cheaper and not so crowded. Great weather, a little windy sometimes. If I see it right you are coming from Copenhagen?? That's a long way to come for this place. Anyone, like me who comes that far would be in South American for another reason, not just to go here. Beaches are like California and water is cold in Dec. Our hotel was the Pennisula at $65 US per night. Simple room, pool did not have water yet and right on the main street walk to everything.

3. Re: A good idea going to Punta del Este from December 13 to 18?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 11, 2011