We are going to go to Uruguay for almost the whole month of January 2008.
We'd be happy about advice for:
1) how and where to rent a nice house (with swimming pool if possible) near or on the beach (Punta Colorada, Piriapolis, maybe in Rocha/Cabo Polonia: thing is: we have a baby daughter and the water should not be too dangerous...),
2) how and where to rent a "cheap" car for almost 3.5 weeks,
3) a nice family-friendly spacious hotelroom/apartment in Montevideo for some days,
4) a nice estancia somewhere inland where we could stay for some nights,
5) how best to get to Buenos Aires without losing too much time travelling (ferry vs. plane, I have been told you cannot travel with a rental car to BA) and
6) nice not too pricey place in Punta del Este to witness the buzz for one night...
I know, many questions. Especially 1) and 2) are major issues for us.
Thanks a lot!!!