We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi prices

Which Ollantaytambo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
taxi prices

what is a reasonable price to hire a taxi for a good 6-8 hours? from ollantaytambo, i wanted to visit urubamba, salineras, maras and moray. what should i expect to pay the driver to take me to all these places?

thanks

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 27
1. Re: taxi prices

My wife and I hired a taxi to take us from Ollantaytambo to Cusco stopping at Maras and Moray on the way. We paid 70 Soles for the service and the drive must have taken close to 4 hours.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
2. Re: taxi prices

Hey Jodo, when did you take your trip ? I think quite a while ago no ?

Fuel prices have gone up again.

I would say closer to 80 now.

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 27
3. Re: taxi prices

Yes my trip was June 2010. I have no idea what they would charge now and I can only give my info from then.

Edited: 1:56 am, March 26, 2012
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 108
4. Re: taxi prices

I contacted a guide and they want $75US for the driver and another $75 US for the English speaking guide. This would be from Ollantaytambo to Cusco stopping along the way to see sites, progably about 5-6 hours in duration.

We have not reserved this yet as I don't know if it is an OK price. I am not looking for the lowest price but I want a reasonable price. This is from Sofi Barreda who is recommended on Trip Advisor.

Sacramento...
5. Re: taxi prices

Sweet, thanks for all the info, that's pretty much what I wanted to know.

medic_5, wow, that's seems a lil much, no? I much rather just hire a taxi and bring my guide book instead for $80 soles. I appreciate your help, but that taxi/guide combo is whack. Someone needs to show Sofi how to drive so she can drive and talk at the same time. Haha!

Sacramento...
6. Re: taxi prices

Sweet, thanks for all the info, that's pretty much what I wanted to know.

medic_5, wow, that's seems a lil much, no? I much rather just hire a taxi and bring my guide book instead for $80 soles. I appreciate your help, but that taxi/guide combo is whack. Someone needs to show Sofi how to drive so she can drive and talk at the same time. Haha!

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
7. Re: taxi prices

Yes it's whack. BTW you don't really need that much time, and there isn't any real reason to visit Urubamba. Maras is a little town near the Salineras, again not too much reason to stop there although Descanso Bar is a place to sample chicha safe for tourists.

If you are coming off the train from MP into Olly you can find lots of taxis there waiting. Cheaper if you negotiate directly rather than through a travel agent who is adding a commission. Don't worry about the scare tactics, it's plenty safe use common sense hire someone older with a nicer car (usually more of an issue in Cusco than in Olly).

Evansville, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Peru
reviews: 14
8. Re: taxi prices

I paid 120 soles (PEN) for a taxi ride from Cusco to Chinchero - Maras - Moray - Ollantaytambo. It was the same cabbie that took me from the airport to Plaza de Armas (August 2011) for 8 soles. Looking at what Jodokast paid I feel ripped off!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 108
9. Re: taxi prices

I don't mind paying the price if it is reasonable and I get what I feel I need. We will be flying from Lima to Cuz and therefore need the airport pickup in Cuz. I do prefer a driver and a guide as separate people as my plan would be to spend about 4-5 hours touring before being dropped off at our hotel in Olly. If there is a driver separate from the guide I will feel more comfortable in leaving my luggage in the taxi when we get out of the vehicle to see the sites. Does this make sense??

The day we visit MP we will do that ourselves and probably hire a guide at MP for the 2 hour tour. When we get back that same day to Olly we don't need any assistance to get back to our hotel.

On our last day I again would like the driver and guide to see additional sites en route back to the airport in Cuz to make a 3:30 pm flight.

With all this in mind what should I expect to pay for a driver each day who will probably be with us for about 5-6 hours and again, what about the cost for a guide for the same time period. Is $75 paid to each for each day too high??

10. Re: taxi prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, June 20, 2013