We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the best place for dinner in Ollanta

Which Ollantaytambo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
reviews: 5
the best place for dinner in Ollanta

I have dreamed about my vacation to Peru for 4 long years. This vacation is a present "from me to me" for my 44th B-day. The day of my birth I will be in Ollanta and would like to have a nice dinner there. PERUVIAN dinner!!!! I am vegetarian who eats fish.

Someone knows a nice place?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 318
1. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

For me the best place would be the Huacatay, but its located n Urubamba, only a 20 minute taxi ride though.

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 27
2. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

Im not sure about the best but the Hearts Cafe on the Plaza De Armas in Ollantaytambo is pretty awesome. The food is good and the profits from the cafe go to help local women and children in need so by having a meal here you can support a really great cause. Heres the website...

www.heartscafe.org

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
3. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

my fav nice vibe/food

El Albergue Restaurant, Ollantaytambo: See 17 unbiased reviews of El Albergue Restaurant, rated 4.5 of 5 on TripAdvisor and ranked #2 of 10 restaurants in Ollantaytambo.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294319-d1… ·

Lancaster...
4. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

I read negative things about El Albergue. I don't like the menu there.

Lancaster...
5. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

I am looking for a local authentic place to eat. I don't want a pesto dish on menu (like in El Albergue restaurant).

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 156
6. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

The only fish worth eating in the SV will be trout. I believe they have it on the El Albergue restaurant menu. I had the alpaca loin and it was excellent, but that isnt' a choice for you.

You can have a simple veg meal at Hearts Cafe, they have quinoa soup and things like avocado cheese sandwich.

Lancaster...
7. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

mlgb, thank you! soup and avocado sound good!

I don't mind a place, where only locals go to.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 318
8. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

El Huacatay is by far the best in the area. Take a taxi and treat yourself to an excellent meal.

They serve trout as well.

Lancaster...
9. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

xochitl,

Thank you so much! I made my mind. I go to Urumbamba for my B-day dinner.

I feel sick when I hear a word "sandwich" and "stake"...

I like to cook, it is a meditation for me. I don't mind to cook on my B-day, but our hotel doesn't have a kitchen.

How much cost a taxi to drive from Ollanta to Urumbamba?

Chiclayo, Peru
10. Re: the best place for dinner in Ollanta

I also recommend going to Urubamba, but what's wrong with pesto? Peruvian pesto is quite popular on menus in Peru (although it bears very little resemblance to pesto in the rest of the world). And you get sick when you hear about sandwiches and steaks? Maybe if you told us what exactly you would like we could recommend something that wouldn't offend you.