We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 74
2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

We're planning our trip to Peru and Machu Picchu for May 2014 and I read on a bunch of sites that the government ticket website would have the rates and tickets for 2014 available only the last week of December. Happened to check today just for kicks and they're up and available! You can buy tickets at the government site at http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

I did have the same issue everyone talks about with my Visa card from the US (my bank does not offer "Verified by Visa") and so had to get on the line with Visa before I hit the "Pago" button so they could approve the purchase as it came through. No problems doing it that way and I printed out my tickets immediately after the charge went through.

docrck

Seoul, South Korea
reviews: 8
1. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

Perhaps you can tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do when ordering the tickets, because it's just not working for me. I've selected the route-date-number of people-filled in my personal details-and then when I go to Step 3 it gives me a blank page and won't allow me to go back or do anything else...

San Ramon...
2. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

Michael W - I'm having the exact same problem. After putting in all the details in step 2, step 3 just goes to a white screen, and never reverts.

Please let meknow if you find out.

Seoul, South Korea
reviews: 8
3. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

I figured it out. You have to use the Spanish version, not the English one. Basically, when you enter the site, don't change the language function. Just go through the same three steps, it's easy enough to figure out even if like me you don't speak Spanish. Fill in the details. Click generar reserva which will give you a reference number. Write down the number, then go to pay. Once you've paid, go to check-in, type in your reservation number once again and print off your ticket.

San Ramon...
4. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

Perfect. Thank you, and enjoy your trip.

Montreal, Canada
5. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

This ticket is valid for one day only ? What about inca trails (4 days), do we have to buy a "tour" or just the ticket and DIY ?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
6. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

Cannot DIY the Inca Trail. Required to go through a tour group.

Houston, Texas
7. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

Inca Trail people will book you on MP for a day after trail

San Ramon...
8. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

I was able to successfully make a reservation, enter my credit card details, and completely purchased the ticket for the first of three days @ MP. When I went into the site and made a reservation for the second of three days, the web site kept denying my credit card (3-5 times). I called my credit card company, and they never even received the 3-5 denied requests. I tried two other credit cards, and they were also denied. I tried doing the same for the third day, and same result. Is there a trick to purchase tickets for 3 consecutive days that I'm not aware of?

Sydney
reviews: 80
9. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

After taking the advice of others on this site, I managed to get all the way through the process, and was about to finalise payment when I noticed the warning that on entry to the monument I would need to present both passport identification and the Visa card used to make payment. As I have both AMEX and MasterCard, but not a VISA, I was using a relative's VISA card to make the purchase. As I will not be able to present this card at the site, what is the risk that I will be denied entry?

As we wish to also climb Huaynapicchu I do not want to leave purchase until we are in the area to use other means of purchase.

10. Re: 2014 Machu Picchu tickets now available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 07, 2015