We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca Trail- End of March?

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Inca Trail- End of March?

Hello, I'm thinking of doing the Inca Trail at the end of March as that is the only time I can go for a two week trip. How is the weather then? Any advice on clothing for that period?

Thanks!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 318
1. Re: Inca Trail- End of March?

Its the end of the rainy season and still summer in Peru.

Nice and hot during day time and kind of chilly in afternoon and night. Maybe some rain.

West Palm Beach...
2. Re: Inca Trail- End of March?

Things are green and lush at that time. If it is you only chance to go - take it. Make sure you acclimate first if you are not used to altitude hiking.

Cusco, Peru
reviews: 8
3. Re: Inca Trail- End of March?

Cusco on march month is little rain seasons, and you can enjoy your trekking around the inca trail, always advice to take raincoat, sweater, boots to trekkeing

Vero Beach, Florida
4. Re: Inca Trail- End of March?

It is the rainy season and it is quite likely it will rain in the afternoon or more. I would try to do the Inca Trail during the dry season. It is just a better time to do it.

Edited: 8:50 pm, October 27, 2013
5. Re: Inca Trail- End of March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 29, 2014