We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 19
Things to do

I'm thinking of doing a 10 day trip to Machu Picchu in late November and was hoping the excellent members of tripadvisor can help. :)

Could I get ideas on what are some of the best things to do while there? I will be travelling with my wife (both in our mid-30s and decent shape) and like adventure, but nothing too crazy. :)

Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
1. Re: Things to do

That is a very general question. Peru's a big country with everything from city's with great food, to beaches, to the Amazon, to of course the Inca sites and wonderful mountain scenery. You could do a luxury tour or do an extended trek.I'd suggest getting a couple good guidebooks and also searching the attractions section of TA to determine what you want to see.

Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley above it with the Inca sites are the reason most people head to Peru in the first place. You'd certainly want to spend probably 3-5 days in that area. After that, there's too many options to list.

Mi Wuk Village...
2. Re: Things to do

Where do you want to go in Peru other than Machu Picchu? You do realize the difference? #1 makes a good point. Adventure??? Be a tad more specific. Budget...dollars not adjectives. There is no such word as best. Are you into hiking, shopping, going to the Amazon Basin, helping to overthrow the government, visiting colonial architecture, spending time on the beach, eating dolphins? Lots to do in Peru. Your answers narrow it down.

3. Re: Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 23, 2014