We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new trails to Machu Picchu

Which Machu Picchu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
new trails to Machu Picchu

i have heard of some newer trails that have recently been 'discovered' , which lead to machu picchu, avoiding the main crowds,etc. has anyone hiked one of these and/or recommend one? also my wife and i would like to do the inca trail in a very small group ( under 8 people if possible) and hire guides and porters. can anyone recommend a reliable company that could accomodate a very small group (even just me and my wife alone) ? thanks....

1. Re: new trails to Machu Picchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 pm, March 15, 2006
cleveland ohio
reviews: 1
2. Re: new trails to Machu Picchu

I can recommend Peru Gateway Travel. They do an excellent job, and will do more than just packaged tours. Ask them about the "new trail", although once you see the area, I really doubt there are many "new trails" ... they would know however.

If you like hiking, this would be a good one. Allow extra time in Cusco before setting out on the trip, to get adjusted to the altitude.

peru
3. Re: new trails to Machu Picchu

Hi.. there are new trails that lead to Machupicchu, i.e. Salkantay, Ausangate - these are longer treks as the classic inca trail is 4 days walking, whilst these are around 7 days. I can recommend Pachamama Explorers based in Cusco. Their prices are good and they offer excellent service. Check out their website www.pmexplorers.com

I have been to Cusco a few times so can recommend them highly.

Enjoy your trip!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 318
4. Re: new trails to Machu Picchu

Try Aracari Travel (www.aracari.com) for yr trip to Peru.

I would also recommend you stay at the Kuychi Rumi in Urubamba. These people will help you organize a great trip and you will be staying at a very nice Andean Cottage for a reasonable price (www.urubamba.com)

Leicester
reviews: 1
5. Re: new trails to Machu Picchu

Be aware that the "new" trails are not officialy recognised and the goverment intends to stop them, also they do not go via many of the majour places that the trail does